hf1

Bumgenius v4

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Bumgenius v4

Postby smilinglou » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:45 am

I'm thinking of getting some for when mil has Lily in the day or for a possible childminder, I already have v3's but heard that v4's fit older babes better than the v3.
Anyway I can't work out whether to get aplix or snaps, I'd like the snaps as I like popping them together so the elastic doesn't stretch in the wash but I can imagine aplix will be 'difficult' :roll: for other people who look after her, I know dh likes bumgenius as they're simple but he gets on fine with snaps normally and the organic and flip poppers are so easy.
What do you think, where would you get them from i.e. cheapest and are they bringing out prints? x

My avatar
AnnaG
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Bumgenius v4

Postby AnnaG » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:18 am

I think the fit on V4s is much better, more like the Flip in that respect. Goes bigger and higher rise.

Bumgenius are bringing out new prints - announcing this week apparently. Although it'll take a while to filter through to the UK...boo.

Snaps or velcro? Snaps every time. Look better, finddly fingers can't undo, and also the hook n loop on BG isn't as good as other brands imo. It doesn't stay as sticky as others.

It was you I was chatting to about Easyfits the other day, wasn't it? Same offer applies to V4s :)

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:28 pm

I keep my v3's for nursery & dh as they find aplix easier and use the v4 snaps myself. They are higher in the rise so will fit for longer than the v3's.
I'm looking forwards to the new prints too, they also ran a survey about colours and prints a couple of weeks ago for the next round of new designs so hopefully lots more variation to come from BG.
Pricewise though I think it's pretty standard £14.99 for one or slight discount for 5 or more

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:56 am

AnnaG wrote:I think the fit on V4s is much better, more like the Flip in that respect. Goes bigger and higher rise.

Bumgenius are bringing out new prints - announcing this week apparently. Although it'll take a while to filter through to the UK...boo.

Snaps or velcro? Snaps every time. Look better, finddly fingers can't undo, and also the hook n loop on BG isn't as good as other brands imo. It doesn't stay as sticky as others.

It was you I was chatting to about Easyfits the other day, wasn't it? Same offer applies to V4s :)

Yes it was, thank you! x
I think I'll wait for the prints, it's such a shame the easyfits don't have a stay dry liner!
Hopefully the prints will be here by december time, still not sure about snaps for mil :roll:

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies