hf1

Question about WN

My avatar
beaubelle
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Question about WN

Postby beaubelle » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:27 am

Just wondering do they suit chunky thighs and big bums?! Ds is 1 and we've always had trouble with the rise, waist and leg openings on size 2 fitteds like little lambs etc, so I'm a bit scared to invest lots in a WN unless I hear they would suit!!! I was thinking of trying a pocket wnss with a high rise... Would there be anything better to try? Also which is better.... Fleece or minkie inner.. What does minkie feel like?

How much roughly is a wnss with embroidery new? Or if anyone has a gn one in excellent cond let me know!
Thanks! X

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Question about WN

Postby paintedclaws » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:42 am

The high rise large ones have fitted Noah since he was about a year (if not younger) until..well even now. He's 3 now and although he's shrunk somewhat they're still a great fit.

If you wanted to try one before getting a custom one you could put a wanted ad in the classifieds.. As to price, it depends on which embroidery and fabric combo you go for. I think my most expensive was £28 or so but a simpler embroidery on a single minky nappy with cuddlesoft lining would cost a lot less.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:45 am

Have a look on the classified section there are often wnss on there.
I haven't personally tried wnss but we do use wn night nappies on dd 14months and they are a great fit on her chubby thighs!
Minky is a bit like velor so fluffy , it depends what you get on best with. Its personal perference really.
Fleece has a tendancy to go bobbly, minky looks newer for longer.
I use fleece liners in all my nappies to help avoid staining so you could always get some of those!

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:12 pm

I love them! have fitted on daniel since he was 6 months (the larges) and they still fit him now. minkee or cuddlesoft is best for the inner because it keeps looking new unlike fleece which bobbles.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies