hf1

This could be very bad...

My avatar
Anig
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

This could be very bad...

Postby Anig » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:06 am

I just got a nappy in the post (yay!) - it's a green kids one with turtles on a blue background and is very cute. :) I've also got a Green Kids inset of some description - may have ordered hemp after seeing all of the positive comments aout it. It's hourglass shaped and in two pieces, stitched together at the top. Do I just put this in the nappy? It feels very thin. Also, can I fold it to double the thickness at the front?

Thank you. :)
Last edited by Anig on Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: This could be very bad...

Postby beck » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:14 am

Depending on weither your LO is a heavy wetter or not you may well be fine wth just the insert it came with. But remember that hemp takes a few washes to reach maximum absorbancy (about 10 washes) I use either a hemp or bamboo tri-fold insert (6 layers once folded) and a MF booster.

My avatar
Claire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Claire » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:38 pm

Yay for fluffy post! I love my Greenkids! I have bamboo inserts but they are the same shape. I use nothing but the bamboo and they last for about 6 hours. Not sure if you'll also need a layer of mf with hemp though? I've never folded my insert, I just put it in doubled over the way it comes. Hope you get on okay with it.

My avatar
Anig
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Anig » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:30 pm

Claire wrote:...Not sure if you'll also need a layer of mf with hemp though? ...

Is mf microfibre? :oops:

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:54 pm

Anig wrote:Is mf microfibre? :oops:

Yes. Although you can put anything fast absorbing on top of hemp to give it a little help, mf, cotton, bamboo.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies