hf1

Any tips for a newbee with a heavy wetter?

My avatar
mummyclo
Clothie
Clothie

Any tips for a newbee with a heavy wetter?

Postby mummyclo » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:51 pm

Hi ladies :wave:
Just wanted some advice really.
I have just started my LO in cloth and he seems to wet out of all his nappies, is it because im only using cheap inserts? Just wanted to know how everyone deals with a heavy wetter?

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Any tips for a newbee with a heavy wetter?

Postby chocmuffin » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:53 pm

:wave: What nappies & inserts are you using? :lol:

My avatar
mummyclo
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mummyclo » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:56 pm

I am using BG's and some Ebay cheepies and heir inserts whilst i wait for my Itti's...just hope they will be ok :doh:

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:57 pm

The inserts that come with BGS are microfibre and not great at all for heavy wetters. It may be worth getting some bamboo or hemp boosters, saw some hemp ones in classifieds earlier I think :D

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:35 pm

While waiting for more absorbent post, I have been known to combine microfibre with a folded flannel. If you put the microfibre on top and slide the flannel underneath , the microfibre pulls wee away quickly and the cotton stores it up. We can't really do microfibre on its own, but paired with cotton, bamboo or hemp, it seems to do ok.

I would probably never tell DH that his flannel has previously been used to absorb urine, even if I did wash it (obviously I wasn't going to use mine!!! lol)

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:38 pm

usinukveg wrote:I would probably never tell DH that his flannel has previously been used to absorb urine, even if I did wash it (obviously I wasn't going to use mine!!! lol)

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

Anything towelling will do, tbh
We've got some old towel squares that we put on the chairs to stop the cat hairs sticking to the seats and we've used the (spare, washed, relatively cat-hair-free) set of those in an emergency.
What Ittis have you got coming? Only reason I ask is because I have more trouble with leaking with the D'lish version than I do with BGs :-? Don't know if it's because the Ittis are so slim between the legs or what, but we've had to stop using them :(

Dooby x

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Seems like a stupid q but how often do you change him? How long do the nappies last before leaking?

My avatar
mummyclo
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mummyclo » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:41 pm

I tryed the Itti and it was great, think it may have been the liners i was using.
I change him every 2 hours but when he leaked it was literally 10 mins after i changed him! :doh:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:53 pm

Could it have been leg gape rather than full inserts?

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies