hf1

bumgenius on a newborn??

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

bumgenius on a newborn??

Postby flutterby » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:39 am

I know I know I keep asking questions, hopefully I won't need to soon, I think it's the uncertainty of not having my baby here to see what works and what doesn't!

Anyway, I've seen lots of you have said that BGs really do work from birth, so I was wondering, did you just use them with the onesize inserts (I have V2s so no NB insert) or did you stuff them with something else?? I got 2 preloved NB swaddlebees today and they are soo small it's made all my other nappies look soooo huge!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: bumgenius on a newborn??

Postby tanya » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:19 pm

Do you have any small or xs fuzzis? Their inserts work quite well in BGs when the one-size insert is just too big :)

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:42 pm

I do, but will most likely need them in my fuzzis, lol! Anyone used bamboo beehinds from birth?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:46 pm

Otherwise, I found the extra folded bit didn't bother Bella too much anyway. But I only used them from about 8 weeks (when she reached about 9lbs-ish).

Not used bamboo beehinds much at all. The rise isn't very high in them :(

My avatar
tammy79
Clothie
Clothie

Postby tammy79 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:56 pm

flutterby wrote:I do, but will most likely need them in my fuzzis, lol! Anyone used bamboo beehinds from birth?

We have been using bamboo beehinds the whole time and found them fine, we only used the small inserts for the first few months and didnt find them too bulky. I admit I might have had a bit more variety (maybe some sized nappies) if i'd discovered all the other nappies that existed before i bought a full time supply of beehinds! Saying that tho, 1 year on and we are still using the beehinds all the time at home as they never seem to leak.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:22 pm

I was actually surprisingly impressed with the neatness of the bg on a newborn and just use them with the folded insert which is fine.

I have tried bamboo beehinds but only as a night nappy as I find them a bit bulky especially with the frilly legs which I am not a huge fan of.

I posted about he nb swaddlebees in here a few weeks ago - Ben has already outgrown his! He was 7lbs 15oz at birth and somewhere between 10 & 11lbs now I should think and they only lasted about 3 weeks - I think he has chubby thighs though :lol: So don't worry about them making your other nappies look big, they really are exceptionally tiny.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:33 pm

So BGs as they come, will pack them in a mo!

I think the beehinds will be a night nappy here too, I love how trim they are on Jak, but that doesn't mean anything for a NB does it!

Good thing I only got 2 NB swaddlebees and they were only £5 each, a friend of mines LO is still in them at nearly 12lb on the middle setting! And I'm sure my LO won't be so little as Jak was 8lb10!

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies