hf1

What to stuff my Ebay Cheapies with?

My avatar
LJmum
Clothie
Clothie

What to stuff my Ebay Cheapies with?

Postby LJmum » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:10 pm

Hey ladies! I know I just posted on the other cheapie thread about the nappies, but I am sort of running into a problem anyway when it comes to stuffing them. At the moment I am using a Bambino Mio size 1 prefold with two hourglass shaped bamboo boosters. I have started to dispair though as they are only lasting her aprx 2 hours before she is sitting in a puddle.. I darent put anything else into the pocket as well, as DD is dinky for her age and has short chubby legs with quite a large pot belly. (She can't walk in her NN's as they are stuffed so much!)

Any ideas on what to change to in her nappies so that they last her a bit longer during the day would be much appreciated. I have tried a few different combinations - Two large bamboo boosters (2 hrs MAX), MF insert + 2 hourglass smaller bamboo boosters (1.5hrs MAX) and 2 MF inserts (1hr and she's in a puddle..)
At night I use WN and LLS SW stuffed with ZORB and bamboo and she is SOAKED inside the wrap in the morning which is starting to lead to red rings around her legs from the wet wrap edges..

Maybe I should just potty train her.. :giggle:

Thanks for your help!

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: What to stuff my Ebay Cheapies with?

Postby JabberJabber » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:19 pm

How about hemp/zorb and microfibre, with the mf nearest the skin?

My avatar
LJmum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby LJmum » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:38 pm

JabberJabber wrote:How about hemp/zorb and microfibre, with the mf nearest the skin?

Hmm.. I thought Bamboo was more absorbant than microfibre? Will give it a try as I have a few spare zorb boosters in the stash. We'll see!

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:33 pm

The Dudeybaba bamboo inserts are pretty cheap. I stuff Ed's cheapies with 2 of these and they last 3 hours, if I used 3, I reckon it would last 4 hours.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:39 pm

Hemp and bamboo are more absorbant that mf, but mf absorbs faster, so limits the possibility of leaking due to the hemp / bamboo taking a while to absorb.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:21 pm

JabberJabber wrote:Hemp and bamboo are more absorbant that mf, but mf absorbs faster, so limits the possibility of leaking due to the hemp / bamboo taking a while to absorb.

WSS^^
The old blueberry hemp/microfibre inserts are great. I use them in our weenotion pockets too.

The petti desous inserts are very absorbant too - but I sometimes find they wriggle about too much inside the pockets. The hemp ones are a bit sturdier and seem to stay put better for us

My avatar
LJmum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby LJmum » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:54 am

Thanks for the replies ladies. I will look into getting some different boosters. I've got her in a cheapie at the moment with 3 bamboo boosters, 2 are large and thin and the other is fairly thick and a bit smaller. So far no leaks and she's had it on almost an hour. :D

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies