hf1

WeeNotions medium - leg gape.

My avatar
Robins_Mummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

WeeNotions medium - leg gape.

Postby Robins_Mummy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:23 pm

I bought an old style WeeNotions pocket, it's medium (10-25lbs), and my LO is 13lbs, but there is huge gaps round his legs on both sides. There doesn't seem to be anyway of adjusting the fit, so do some nappies, even sized just not fit some babies?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: WeeNotions medium - leg gape.

Postby Louise » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:26 pm

Unfortunately you will get leg gape with popper fastening nappies at some point. We are currently experiencing the same with our small pockets as my DD is between leg poppers (i.e. one set is too tight but the next one up too loose.) Its likely that as he grows and his shape changes they will fit better. My DD is 10lb 11 and there is no way a M would fit her yet so you might just need to wait until he is a bit bigger.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:44 pm

unfortunately we have never been able to get anything other than a medium AI2 to fit Nathan and that only fitted for a few weeks. Every other time I have tried our WNSS or WNOS we gets leaks due to leg gape and I have tried them every few weeks since he was tiny, I've now sold most of them. It's a shame as they are lovely but they just do not seem to fit

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:01 pm

It took a long time before the meduim wee notions fit on my LO. The waist was fine, the rise was fine, but we had terrible leg gape. He has not long fit them and is already almost out of the rise :doh: Some brands of nappies just dont fit certain children very well at all

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:33 pm

When they fit, the double poppered (poppers at the waist and the leg) nappies fit beautifully :thumbsup:
But when you're between poppers, or have a baby with skinny legs and a podgy tum (or vice versa) it can be hard to get a good fit.
A good, snug fitting PUL wrap can sometimes help here, holding the nappy in place in those places where it gapes - but obviously this defeats the point of having a pocket nappy :roll:
It may be that your LO just needs to fill out a bit more before the nappy will fit him. Is he fairly long & skinny? Nothing wrong with that at all, just his dimensions will be completely different to a 13lbs short, chubby baby like Erin was & who has always had a pretty good fit with WN nappies, both pockets & fitteds.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:05 pm

No weenotions fit Stanley well :( skinny thighs.

My avatar
Robins_Mummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Robins_Mummy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:09 pm

doobykat wrote:Is he fairly long & skinny? Nothing wrong with that at all, just his dimensions will be completely different to a 13lbs short, chubby baby like Erin was & who has always had a pretty good fit with WN nappies, both pockets & fitteds.

He is very long yes. Hoping he fits it sometime as it's so lovely! :giggle:

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sjm » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:10 pm

Fit my chubby princess but popper the waist one tighter than th thighs it's just adjusting to suit. Never go a goo fi on Lucas

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies