hf1

Favourite christmas song

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Favourite christmas song

Postby g murphy » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:37 pm

Ok My tree has gone up today so I am feeling a bit festive listening to Christmas songs, what I would like to know is what your favorite Christmas song is, contemporary or carols. mine is in the comments

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Favourite christmas song

Postby clothsister » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:07 pm

Got to say carol of the bells gives me the ultimate Christmas feel but still got to love Mariah Carey's all I want for Christmas. X

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:18 pm

Oh, so many. I love Driving home for Christmas, I love A spaceman came traveling, I love fairytale of new York.
As far as carols, I really love O holy night. Even though I'm TOTALLY non-religious, it brings a tear to my eye, just the melody.

I LOVE xmas songs

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:34 pm

I love When a Child is Born, A Spaceman came travelling and, like Mareth, although I'm non-religious I enjoy carols and hymns at this time of year.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:12 pm

Hark the herald was always the last hymn at midnight mass for us so it means Christmas to me :D

I love a fairy tale of New York too.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:06 am

That Pogues song is awesome! I remember being so in love with all of the contemporary Christmas songs when I first came to the UK years ago, we just don't have the tradition of them here, although I have noticed the odd one being played in more recent years. They all make me feel so Christmassy!

I think everyone here is too busy having BBQs and going to the beach to worry about them here :giggle:

I love some of the traditional carols too but can't for the life of me think of any names :doh: :oops: :bf: brain fail - need a nap :night: :giggle:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:29 am

Fairytale of New York. Or for a hymn, God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman.

In between Triple J, I listen to a lot of Classic FM and they play some beautiful Christmas music - very festive and definitely recommended.

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:10 pm

I love fairy tale in New York too. Christmas music is on repeat daily in our house now.

Next

Return to The Christmas Grotto