Argh, rant!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Argh, rant!

Postby littlesez » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:20 am

Just thought of a less scroogy alternative! Secret Santa :) you organize the names and then you can pick someone good :hohoho:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:47 am

littlesez wrote:Just thought of a less scroogy alternative! Secret Santa :) you organize the names and then you can pick someone good :hohoho:

This is what we do in my family. We had a £15 limit and there had to be 4presents; something you want, you need, you can eat and you can read. It was really successful :-)

Might push that idea a bit for hubs side too...

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:03 pm

mine is toiletries, i get given so many sets, i think im still using them from 2 years ago, ive asked begged and pleaded people not to buy me anymore but i must have got another 7 sets (maybe thats there way of telling me i smell)

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kim » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:08 pm

We tried to do a no presents for adults thing but no one else wanted to so we are still buying. :-(

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:20 pm

Could you just say this year I'm not buying gifts, or I'm donating to charity on your behalf, please feel free to do the same for us @kim

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:35 pm

MIL asks for a list so I have ended up with someawesome things that I want / need (stick vacuum, compost bin for kitchen and coffee storage pot), a fab craft book and some perfume as extra also wanted / needed. My family are doing the 15 quid secret santa thing for the adults - much less stressful this year doing that!

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:12 pm

i forgot the most useless present my mum bought me a onesie, i strongly dislike them and im 5ft1 can you imagine what i look like in a onesie, i tried it on and the crotch was at my knees :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:28 am

girlinleeds wrote:i forgot the most useless present my mum bought me a onesie, i strongly dislike them and im 5ft1 can you imagine what i look like in a onesie, i tried it on and the crotch was at my knees :hohoho: :hohoho:

:giggle: good one

Previous

Return to The Christmas Grotto