hf1

Who's doing what this christmas?

My avatar
est4elvis
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Who's doing what this christmas?

Postby est4elvis » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:18 am

love xmas + really excited this yr. usually we spend it as a family tho not been back to my mums for a few yrs. last yr she came here but i think this yr she has my nephews so is staying in york. i have made it clear anyone can come if they wish - ironically no one tends to fall out for some reason at xmas which is really unusual for our family! i think the fact that daz doesnt have any family helps with minimizing any fall outs! i can only imagine what my mum would be like if she had to spend the day with dazs mum :oops:
Lillie has got loads + we didnt buy any of it which sounds really crap but the people my mum knows are so rich that they play with things for 5 minutes + then get new stuff so we get stuff from them which are always in immaculate condition so far Lillie has
ironing board + iron
mclaren dolls buggy
big box of dressing up clothes
alphabet toy
dora bag
+ my mum is getting her a scooter.

Joe has a trike + some puzzles which were obth bought 2cnd hand + my hubby is getting him a nappy :yahoo:

still gonna get some extra bits yet fro both of them. + its Joe's bday on 30th!

i love xmas, i love the xmas markets, i love the kids faces on xmas morning + this yr is the first time in 2 yrs i cant have a drink! :yahoo: :giggle:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:29 am

We always have Christmas at home and pop up the road to MILs for a few hours in the afternoon so we see DH's family. Then Boxing Day is spent with my family at my parent's house. So the children get two Christmases really with two meals and two lots of presents! :lol:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:40 am

I love Christmas and for me it is all about family hence us trecking all the way to the uk for it! I think we will have Christmas day with the in-laws and another with my family. we will also see Amanda and her family at some point.

oh and a white Christmas will help ease the pain of the tickets!

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:04 pm

Before we got married, Christmas was spent travelling between my relatives and DH's in Leicester.
One year we were even made to eat 2 huge christmas dinners, but didn't really see any of our relatives other than over the dinner table.
The whole time we are with one set of parents - the others are on the phone asking when we are going over to see them/other relatives.

So from 2006 when we got married we decided enough was enough. I started working after uni in Sept 2006 and didn't know if I was going to be working christmas day - and we wanted to spend christmas in our home together as a family (pre-children)
Because we stood by this decision, by the time it came to having children - our families were used to the idea of us having our own family christmas.

My MIL insists she still cooks us christmas dinner - but its done at the beginning of december. She tries to hand out presents etc. then - which this year I have firmly put a :nono: to!
James totally understands about father christmas and is getting all excited - if he gets presents at beginning of december it is going to totally ruin the fantasy of christmas for him!
I want christmas to be magical and special for him.

Plus this christmas is going to be our first in our very own home!

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:44 pm

This will be my first Christmas since mum died :cry: Only my second ever Christmas without her.

We're staying at home and MIL and my Uncle will be coming to us.

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:50 pm

Frances wrote:This will be my first Christmas since mum died :cry: Only my second ever Christmas without her.

We're staying at home and MIL and my Uncle will be coming to us.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:06 pm

Were at my parents this year :D Usually some sort of Eastenders drama going on though :roll: but looking forward to being with family and Faye having everyones attention... we've had a mix different things over the 8 years me and DH have been together and the last 2 years we've been at home due to him working but were always alone and it can be abit flat, especially knowing that MIL is up the road with her other son, his wife, nephew and her parents (even though I can't stand her, she never asks to see Faye on Christmas morning!) :(

Last year was better than the one before it especially with Faye being more interactive but I'm still looking forward to a house full this year :yahoo:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:06 pm

Usually we stay at home and have a xmas just the three of us, I love it :D

This year we are having xmas morning at home then going to my dads. They ask earlier and earlier every year and we said we'd go this year. Tbh I would have loved a quiet one at home this year being approx 36 weeks :pregnant: by then but at least we'll be at home boxing day to sort out for Nathan's birthday the next day. Also Nathan will love it and i'll get to see my brother and niece and nephew.

My avatar
Natalie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Natalie » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:34 am

We are at my MIL but its being hosted at FIL's flat. Its very difficult for us as we split between my parents and my MIL every other year. The year before last i spend Christmas day in tears with all the rude things that where said about my mum, and i vowed not to put myself in the position again but looks like we will be. But this year i will just come home if it so much as starts x

PreviousNext

Return to The Christmas Grotto