hf1

Help with Teeth

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Help with Teeth

Postby laceybat » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:04 am

Some of you might know that Ryan has really bad teeth from medication i was on when pregnant and he take a lot of medicine himself (no suger no colour) but it still affecting his teeth. we have to go and get fluoride put on his teeth every 3 months but that not really helping we are waiting for a letter to tell us when he is having 8 teeth removed as they are so decaed now and he's in pain all the time.
I brush his teeth 3 times aday and he has a mouth wash he uses but he's starting to hate taking his medicen and doing his teeth as its not helping him.

he on Raditadine 4x aday, inhaler 3x aday, pain medicen 2x aday, something to help him poo 2x aday and then his teeth 3 times aday

i keep telling him it to help him but as he said it not he still has really bad reflux and heartburn. his pain medicne not really helping but it is if that makes sence it takes the egde off.

and then there is Ross how i have to fight every day and night to do his teeth, i brush their teeth when i do mine so they know it's not bad.

Ross is also on molvacol 4x aday and thats hard enough to fit in

so what can i do to help Ryan with his teeth that i'm not already doing and what shall i say to him to make feel better

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Help with Teeth

Postby gilbertandmartha » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:49 pm

I honestly have no idea, but its sounds really horrible for him.

Have you tried him being in charge of taking his own medication? Maybe get a cheap watch with an alarm that sounds when its time to take it?

Also do you floss, that might help a little.

:hug: :hug:

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:29 pm

@gilbertandmartha he's just started to do his own meds but he sometimes tells us he has and he hasn't

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:12 pm

no ideas really hun but just wanted to give you some :cnthug: :cnthug: as I have fitting meds in when they are on loads it is awful xx

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:51 pm

Sounds awful for you all? Would a reward chart help? You know get stickers for everytime he takes his meds fuss free he gets a sticker. Once he gets to x amounts of stickers you'll take him to do something he enjoys doing or something? Just a thought. X

Return to Baby, childrens and family health