hf1

HELP blood in poo

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

HELP blood in poo

Postby laceybat » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:20 am

Ross has always had trouble pooing. But this morning he pooed a limb of bright red blood. Just waiting for doctors to open so I can get an appointment or do I go straight to a&e

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: HELP blood in poo

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:30 am

I was told that if there's blood, the fact it's bright red is actually a good sign. If there's a tear or anything, it's likely lower down, rather than higher up (in which case the blood would be darker coloured). If he's been constipated, it may be an anal fissure -easily enough treated with a cream. Of course, I aint a doctor and I aint seen him, so you're the best judge of whether he needs A&E or can hang on until the doc opens. But I just thought I'd reassure you that blood doesn't always mean worst case. FC he's OK. :hug:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:32 am

I was going to come and say just about what Nichola said.

Personally, I'd go to the GP first and see what they say, but only you know what would make you less concerned.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:35 am

ThAnk you. I'll wait for the dotors

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:37 am

laceybat wrote:ThAnk you. I'll wait for the dotors

Hopefully you won't have to wait long? Has he had any more? Let us know what the docs say :hug: I agree with what the girls have said, if he is constipated he may well have a little fissure :hug:

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:23 am

Been to see doctor. Other are not worried but if it happens again take him to a&e with the sample of poo. He very uncomfortable now but I think that's because he needs a poo

Return to Baby, childrens and family health