hf1

Pips is anxious

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Pips is anxious

Postby girlinleeds » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:33 pm

Pips is going into hospital tomorrow for a food challenge to egg sponge, she'll spend about five hours there and get to eat two fairy cakes while being monitored for any signs of reaction. she's going onto the ward i work on so at least its familiar to me and pips has popped on for a visit before. shes just really worried about reacting and feeling ill, dh told me she just have to get a grip :x Shes five and shes spent years being told she cant eat something and now she's being told to eat it and shes smart enough to know it could make her ill. I have reassured her and told her if she starts felling poorly or anything we will stop, she reacted to something a few weeks ago though and was quite poorly so i guess its fresh in her mind. It could make a big change to her life if she passes though as its the first stage in outgrowing her allergies

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Pips is anxious

Postby ems101 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:03 pm

Poor thing. Lets hope its worth it x

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:37 pm

Oh bless her. Ed is only 3 and would be terrified of eating gluten, he tells everyone to check the ingredients numerous times as he's so worried about being in pain.

I hope Pips manages ok tomorrow and shows signs of growing out of it.

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:46 pm

What a big day for you all :hug: I would be anxious too if was me, no one would like to do something if they it would make them feel ill. I hope it goes well for her.

My avatar
MrC
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Admin

Postby MrC » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:39 am

Here's hoping everything goes well for her and you too.

I hope you manage to encourage her to have confidence and trust that these tests will ultimately help her. I also would be worried about eating the cakes if I associated them with sickness instead of being a step towards a cure.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:55 am

:hug:
I hope she manages ok today.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:27 am

girlinleeds wrote:Shes five and shes spent years being told she cant eat something and now she's being told to eat it and shes smart enough to know it could make her ill

The poor darling, it is an enormous thing - doing something like that is going against all her gut instincts and taught behaviors and no wonder she is anxious - I would be! I'll be thinking of you and have my fingers crossed it all goes really well @girlinleeds let us know when you know more xx

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:43 am

Is there anything your dh is allergic to maybe he should have it and then get a grip, what a stupid thing to Say!

Sending hugs my lovely xxx

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:54 am

Shes doing really well, eaten all the buns with no problem another hour and we can go home, fingers crossed she passes we're so close

Next

Return to Baby, childrens and family health