hf1

Naimh's reactions

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Naimh's reactions

Postby g murphy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:28 pm

As I am sure you will know Naimh is allergic to cows milk protein, up until a couple of months ago all she did was co e out in hives and get belly ache. However the last 2 reactions her tongue and lips have swelled up. I took her to the gp who basically said it was my fault for giving her milk (when both reactions have been due to her picking things up when we have been out) and that there is nothing that they can do. I demanded a pediatric review and yesterday our consultant rang, when I explained things he wanted to see her so we had to take her to hospital last night. At the hospital they took some bloods for IgE testing, apparently if this shows then they will give her an epi pen. He also increased the dose of piriton that I can give her from 2.5mls to 6mls as well as as referring her to the allergy clinic for skin prick testing.

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Naimh's reactions

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:33 pm

Seems like they are taking it seriously now.

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:05 pm

Yep they are. It has taken a lot of fighting though! I got blamed for actually giving her milk when both recent reactions are things she has picked up when we are out. It has actually put me on the verge of not taking her anywhere.

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:19 pm

Thank god someone is actually listening to you. What a joke that you have had to fight that hard though. I hope they manage to help a little. Next time someone says it's because you have given her milk just calmly lift your hand and slap them ! :giggle: sorry I just think that's awful that anyone thinks they have a right to judge how hard it must be to keep little hands away from anything with dairy in.

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:55 pm

Lol clothsister it is tempting. As you say they just put everything in their mouths. The last reaction was she had a bit of cheese and onion crisp I saw her and got it out of her mouth before she swallowed any but just the flavouring off it (and it was in her mouth less than a second) made her swell.

My avatar
MrC
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Admin

Postby MrC » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:17 am

My heart goes out to you Gemma, it must be so tricky watching all the time? Good to hear about them taking better care of you now. At L's school they take it so seriously. There are quite a few banned foods and they send out periodic letters to parents to explain the problems and dangers. I hadn't been very aware until those but it's been a bit of an eye opener. I think L actually eats a bit better as we have to be a bit more inventive now.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:53 am

I'm so glad that you are starting to be taken seriously on this, it's been a long time coming!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:55 am

I'm still amazed that she reacted so badly to a chip :evil: it must be terrifying and I can see why you'd worry taking her out :hug: So pleased you are getting taken seriously :hug: and hopefully she can get some help. Do they think she will grow out of it or are they not sure at this time? @g murphy

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:47 pm

@clothmama they are not sure. I oon't think that she will. My Niece on stuarts side has an anaphlactic reaction to milk at 10 so I don't hold much hope out. we are still waiting for the blood results though .x

Next

Return to Baby, childrens and family health