Baby coughs?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Baby coughs?

Postby clothmama » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:00 am

Poor little Rémy has a horrid cough. It isn't really wet and I dont' think it is croup it is just horrid cough.

What can I get or use for him?

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Baby coughs?

Postby Katielou » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:59 pm

@clothmama Snuggle babe or baby Vicks can rub on chest, back and soles of feet. Baby olbas oil in bowl of boiling water in bedroom and on a cloth in bed somewhere, raise cot head end. Also sit in steamy room. I would get it checked though because mine just had a cough didn't sound to chesty but I went doctors anyway and it was a chest infection!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:30 pm

I've got some baby Olbas so I'll try that and if he doesn't improve I'll take him to the doc's tomorrow.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:35 pm

Doc gave me an inhaler and a spacer to help 'open his lungs up'. It was hard to use but did seem to help a bit

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:13 pm

He isn't really struggling to breathe or anything like that (hence why I'm not too worried at the moment) it just sounds horrid! Just listened to a croup you tube and it isn't that either, not barking enough and no stridor, will check his chest next nappy change but pretty sure there is no chest recession or work of breathing! He is afebrile too so I'm probably just being a worry wart as I've never had small babies with colds!

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:59 am

Can you have him in the bathroom with you when you shower?
Steam can help yo loosen and shift a cough

Get well soon little man >:D<

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:32 am

Still snuffly this morning but only coughed once and it was only a few coughs where yesterday they were getting quite regular and lasting a little while.

cuppachaplz wrote:Can you have him in the bathroom with you when you shower?
Steam can help yo loosen and shift a cough
Bathroom is huge with high ceilings so no steam :giggle: he had a warm bath last night which I think helped.

Return to Baby, childrens and family health