Arrghghh teeth / colic / jabs :(

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Arrghghh teeth / colic / jabs :(

Postby clothmama » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:28 pm

:cry: my poor baby had his jabs today and was quite good after until this evening where he has just screamed for 2 solid hours :( we tried everything, calpol, bonjela, cammomile homeopathy I even put him in the bath which stopped him crying until we got him out but of course putting clothes on is dreadful they clearly always burn or something :roll: Feeling a bit down about it all after a week of really bad nights, I just feel so sorry for him and there doesn' seem to be a lot I can do. The HV suggested that I drink 4-6 cups of peppermint tea to help his colic and put a book under each leg at the top of his bed.

Anyone got any other ideas for colic and teeth? I hate seeing my happy little man so sad :(

On the up side he now weighs 6.6 kg and has climbed to the 15% centile bless him :yahoo:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Arrghghh teeth / colic / jabs :(

Postby confusinglady » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:07 pm

I hate teeth!!!! Is that helpful :hohoho: ?
No it doesn't make me feel any better shouting it out either!

Ibuprufen and abesol are the best things I ve found for teeth. Colic I didn't really find much helped :hug:
Trying to wind mine before offering breast when they screamed out of the blue seemed to help the tummy ache before adding more milk on top. How old is he now?
Bless him and you :hug:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:19 pm

Oesteophathy? Not much they can't help with ;-)

Calprofen for teeth?

My avatar
PixieFix
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby PixieFix » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:31 am

aw poor little guy :(

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:45 am

Poor Little man :(

Only thing we used for colic was gripe water and infacol. For teeth it was Ashton & Parsons powders.

Does popping him in a sling help calm him?

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:49 am

We use Ashton & Parsons powder as well but Weleda have just bought out a x 3 powder which is apparently triple strength to most of the others. My friend's LO is getting canines through and finds the Weleda one fantastic.
Juliet had colic and reflux so I know some of these things were to help the tge reflux rather than colic but we found the following helped:
Raising head end when she slept.
Kept her upright for 15-20 mins after feeding even if just resting on my chest sleeping.
My Moby was the biggest life saver! When things got to the point I thought I go crazy I'd stick her in the sling and go for a long walk. having a colicky baby did wonders for loosing my baby weight :giggle:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:13 am

The only thing thathelpsed Leon was constant boob, but obviously that's exhausting. I got a tv in my bedroom for new baby phase and me and izzy watched tv, a lot.

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:21 am

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the constant boob :waiting:

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:46 pm

We have liked the powders over bonjela for both boys.
I had some which were meant for colic too, which worked really well for percy.Ot sure if thats just because they gum his mouth together so he can't scream or take his mind off it, or if they actually work...

I alternate paracetamol and ibuprofen if really bad.

I found peppermint oil better than tea (but used both). At least mint is in season! Mine has gone nuts

Next

Return to Baby, childrens and family health