hf1

Inhaling talc?

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Inhaling talc?

Postby LynniferT » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:11 pm

T had a bath this evening and because he gets sore patches in his armpits i popped some talc on him.

Unknown to me DD had been squeezing the bottle and sucked air into it so when i tried to sprinkle it under T's arms it puffed in his face and went into his eyes, nose and mouth :doh:

I rinsed his eyes with water and had wiped the rest off his face with a towel really quickly (also gave him a drink of water incase he swallowed any) but what would it do if he had inhaled some?

He has a :bf: since then but has been making faces like he has a dry throat.

I try to use talc sparingly because i know its not good for babies (although i survived being covered in it when i was younger :giggle: )

Please tell me someone elses baby has survived their parent 'talcing' their face :drama:

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Inhaling talc?

Postby Aeseldyr » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:56 pm

Don't know what it could do, but big :hug:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:13 pm

I think I'd probably just keep an eye on him and if you are worried at all call NHS direct or whatever they are called now.
Perhaps next time shake the powder into your hand and then pat it on? Or find a cornstarch based product?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:58 am

How is he this morning @LynniferT ? I'd also ring NHS direct if he was showing any signs of breathing difficulties or take him to your GP now it is morning! I'm sure he isnt' the first baby for that to happen to!

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:14 am

He seems fine this morning and apart from the usual hourly wakings was fine last night too.

His eyes were a tiny bit crusty this morning but i think having a blocked up nose meant he didnt breathe too much in.

Still going to keep an eye on him today in case any went in his mouth but i think we escaped that one and I am chucking the talc and i have some burts bees dusting powder coming.

Return to Baby, childrens and family health