hf1

Food induced reflux?

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Food induced reflux?

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:49 pm

So having been monitoring what I eat for a while is it possible that wheat could cause reflux? I eat bread every say so I think a little bit must be ok but yesterday I had a wheat based cereal at breakfast instead of oats and we had a hell of a day. Lots of sick, lots of screaming and almost no sleep. Today was my usual oat based cereal and hes much more settled, napped and fed and we've had a little sick but nothing like yesterday (where we seemed to lose full feeds at a time).
So could wheat cause the issue? Is it manageable without a dr visit if I know the cause? Thanks for reading

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Food induced reflux?

Postby autumnalgirl » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:55 pm

I think it's worth a visit to the Dr's anyway. With Aiden it took quite a lot of medication to get his under control. (I also tried some elimination diets). I know exactly what you mean about the full milk feed vomiting. The HV didn't really believe me until he did one across my back, the floor and her bag! If you try the elimination diet, make sure you're still eating properly too. If you can find a trigger that would be amazing.

Return to Baby, childrens and family health