hf1

Cradle cap?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Cradle cap?

Postby Shaunie » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:05 pm

Yesterday Isaac was scratching his head & I noticed something there. When I looked at his scalp it looks just like cradle cap. Could this actually be cradle cap or could it be caused by his shampoo? :-?

Would you use anything on it? When Jonah was a baby I used olive oil when he was tiny but I never even noticed any on Isaac because he had thick dark hair when he was born!

My avatar
Cj2011
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Cradle cap?

Postby Cj2011 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:07 pm

Jack has a really dry scalp and gets what looks like cradle cap. I find liquid paraffin great to soften it :thumbsup:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:10 pm

Yep, cradle cap can go on for years, Tallin had it still when he was in reception at school. The hairdresser explained it's because there is still 'baby hair' around, it's not all "proper" hair - or something like that :lol: You get the idea!

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:13 pm

I just got rid of Archies a few months ago. I used olive oil then combed it out with a nit comb! Saffron has it and I just rub it very gently when its wet after I've bathed her and its gradually going.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:15 pm

Eleanor had it briefly when a newborn. One rub of olive oil & she's never had it again!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:58 pm

Nathan still has it.Nothing we have tried has worked so far and it doesn't seem to bother him so I just leave it.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:01 pm

lazylexis wrote:Nathan still has it.Nothing we have tried has worked so far and it doesn't seem to bother him so I just leave it.

Yes, I think they can have it for years can't they.

I find that if I wash India's hair (with shampoo, not just a plain water rinse) more than a couple of times a month her scalp reacts really badly and goes dry and itchy.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:09 pm

Yep Gracie still gets it and also tends to be when we use shampoo and not just plain water, the only think that gets rid of it is dentinox shampoo

My avatar
cath
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby cath » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:41 pm

Charlotte gets it when I use certain brands of shampoo on her. If I stick to Halo & Horns, she is fine.

Next

Return to Baby, childrens and family health