Summer craft challenge!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Summer craft challenge!

Postby clothmama » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:58 am

OK guys who wants to do it and are we all happy to go with the 'embellishment' theme?

I'm itching to get started :sewing: :knit: :crochet: :sew: :yahoo: :giggle:

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Summer craft challenge!

Postby 123princesssammie » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:46 am

Yep count me in x

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:11 pm

Yep, me too. I'd like to embellish a pair of longies or one of the tops I am making. I have plenty of needle felting stuff to do it with :)

Feels so good to be joining in craft challenges. Maybe I'll get brave enough to join a DIY fairy soon ;)

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:19 pm

Does it have to be needle felting or can we do any kind of embelleshment?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:20 pm

123princesssammie wrote:Does it have to be needle felting or can we do any kind of embelleshment?

I'd assume it's anything, but I don't sew, so that's why I'd be doing needle felting :)

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:28 pm

tanya wrote:
123princesssammie wrote:Does it have to be needle felting or can we do any kind of embelleshment?

I'd assume it's anything, but I don't sew, so that's why I'd be doing needle felting :)

Ideal ive bought some fabric thats going too match my new kitchen so will see if i can embellish what i was planning on doing :widesmile:
thinking a memo board and a bag with a hole at the top and bottom to hold carrier bags etc x

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ImisMummy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:00 pm

Can I join in? :D

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:43 pm

Sounds a fab idea!
I'm going to start with trying to brighten up/ girlie-fy some of our plain white baby vests!
Oooooo Excited already!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:34 am

ImisMummy wrote:Can I join in? :D

:widesmile: of course you can!! What are you thinking of doing?

tanya wrote:Yep, me too. I'd like to embellish a pair of longies or one of the tops I am making. I have plenty of needle felting stuff to do it with :)

That sounds great! I havent' tried needle felting yet but would love to at some point (think I'll consolidate all the new crafts I've started in the last year or so first :giggle: ).

Anything at all - can't wait to see what we all end up doing! I love it as a challenge as it is so broad and any craft can be used :D :D

123princesssammie wrote:Ideal ive bought some fabric thats going too match my new kitchen so will see if i can embellish what i was planning on doing :widesmile:
thinking a memo board and a bag with a hole at the top and bottom to hold carrier bags etc x
tanya wrote:

Ideal ive bought some fabric thats going too match my new kitchen so will see if i can embellish what i was planning on doing :widesmile:

That sounds great - look forward to seeing what you come up with!

docmaggoo wrote:I'm going to start with trying to brighten up/ girlie-fy some of our plain white baby vests!

:widesmile: fab place to start - I bet they'll be lovely adn it sounds like with the current heat over there you may get to show them off too :giggle: :giggle:

I love that it is a long challenge as I'd like to try to do a few different things (determined to keep my crafting mojo that I have at the moment going :oops: :giggle: ).

My first project is an embellished cushion cover as a gift for my MIL. I have had this as a planned work for a year or more :oops: and got my sil to send my nieces handprint and did my boys as well. I have bought some lovely linen and a very pretty material and am going from there. This is the tutorial that I'm using:
http://fromanigloo.blogspot.com/2010/04 ... orial.html
The last appliqué that I did was no where near as neat as hers (Louis dino PJ shorts if you remember them!) so would like to spend some time getting that right as it is a great embellishing skill to have.

Come on girls - any more takers???

Next

Return to Monthly Craft Challenge