Chunky Thighs

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Chunky Thighs

Postby bryc1 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:04 pm

dawnsmummy wrote:Try having a baby with 18 inch thighs :giggle:
I have a Large UDMinkee Aplix which fits like a dream. Also the Swaddlebees wraps with aplix fit Dawnie too. So they're probably best bets! One life in size 4 also fits her thighs.
I'm finding wool and fleece much better, as it doesnt leave red marks etc

Not keen on aplix as it used to rub Ty so avoid it with Roxy just incase :oops:. I love wool and fleece at night but don't fancy it for in the sling as don't fancy compression wicking on me. Thanks for suggestions though.

dawnsmummy wrote:
bryc1 wrote:The pocket bots sound pretty good think the large maybe a bit big though hmm do I try it or not I wonder.

I've spoken to pocket bots before, and cant remember what their Large size went up to in the thighs. it was only just too small for Dawn i think... so will be in the low teens?

Sounds like we would need med then, I tought as much but was hoping for that price would be ok, oh well. Thanks you saved me money trying it and it not fitting.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:13 pm

You could always try the poppered versions? But I've never had the aplix rub on Dawnie, and you've seen how big her budda belly is :giggle:
If only she was a bit bigger, you could have borrowed a couple of my wraps lol. Or if Dawn was a more 'normal' size lol! But thinking about it, the aplix on my UD lets you cross the tabs over... Hmmm...... I'll measure it and see what it comes up as if you like? It might be a bit big, but you'll get an idea of how the aplix would be on her?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:15 pm

Bryony, I can't believe Roxy had big thights, she is so dinky and gorgeous :D

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:16 pm

bryc1 wrote:
dawnsmummy wrote:Try having a baby with 18 inch thighs :giggle:
I have a Large UDMinkee Aplix which fits like a dream. Also the Swaddlebees wraps with aplix fit Dawnie too. So they're probably best bets! One life in size 4 also fits her thighs.
I'm finding wool and fleece much better, as it doesnt leave red marks etc

Not keen on aplix as it used to rub Ty so avoid it with Roxy just incase :oops:. I love wool and fleece at night but don't fancy it for in the sling as don't fancy compression wicking on me. Thanks for suggestions though.

I found that double layering the wool when Katie is in the sling/pushchair prevents wicking so I use a soaker with longies/skirtie/shorties over the top. :wink:

ETA I think an extra layer/panel in the crotch in woollies helps too. :D

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:02 pm

Our Tykie Diapers felted wool wrap would be perfect for a baby with chunky thighs - Jules you're welcome to come round and try the fit...
The legs are quite loose on Grace on the tightest setting but we've never had a leak from it yet...
I'm guessing the fit of the PUL ones would be similar...

I also find the legs on blueberry wraps pretty roomy...

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby bryc1 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:47 pm

Kirsty, she is desciptive like that, think it is because she is quite long with it so can hide it :giggle:.
Louise thanks for tips about woolies didn't think of doing that, will definatly try it.
Steph What size do you have? as I looked at them think med may fit but don't know how long for seeing as the max size of leg hole is only just bigger than Roxy but think L may swamp her going by other nappies etc we have.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:49 pm

I've got a medium :)

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:12 pm

Thanks all,

Some good suggestions to think about. Tonight she is in a little lamb size 2 wrap which is a nice fit and very soft, will see how it is in the morning but its BORING :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

I think I should try and sell the WN wraps TBH as I can't see her thighs thining out to fit in them ever!!! <SIGH>

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:24 pm

jules070603 wrote:I think I should try and sell the WN wraps TBH as I can't see her thighs thining out to fit in them ever!!! <SIGH>

Same with Dawn :(

PreviousNext

Return to Wraps (pilchers)