hf1

fleece liners in fleece nappys

My avatar
moonlily
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

fleece liners in fleece nappys

Postby moonlily » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:56 am

was reading a post yesterday and was gonna post a reply asking this but then lala decided I wasnt :giggle: and now I cant find the post so im just gonna ask!!!!
the thread was saying that using a fleece liner on top of a fleece lined nappy was counter productive cos the wet would squish back through - which makes sense but leaves me with the question - what do I use instead that will keep lala dry?? dont like disposables theyre useless and made her v sore, ive got some cotton liners but they leave her wet so I dont use them
help????????????????? :-?

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: fleece liners in fleece nappys

Postby Mareth » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:00 am

I always use fleece liners in all my nappies, even the fleece lined ones. It protects the nappies from getting stained, if nothing else. I've never had a problem with Rhys' bum being wet because of it.

My avatar
moonlily
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby moonlily » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:11 am

lalas bums never seemed wet either and I dont want to not use them cos of staining so maybe i'll poddle on with them cos they dont seem to be causing any problems I was just confuddled when I read that post :-? :giggle:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:53 pm

If it works then don't worry about it, I never had a problem with fleece on fleece :D

My avatar
Azalea
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Azalea » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:08 pm

I've read a few posts on this issue. Some saying that fleece on fleece is counterproductive and others saying that they wick the wee back. We have a 3 week old in BG v 4 by day and eccobots bamboo overnight. Both are fleec lined and every time we use a fleece liner ds seems wetter than without. The BG's are already getting stained which is why I want to use the liners.

Any ideas?

Thanks and sorry for typos etc - typing on phone!

Xx

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:14 pm

We've never had any problems with fleece liners in fleece pockets.

I use them to protect the nappy :giggle:
But also helps dispose of poop better & more easily!
They are especially useful of you need to use a cream on baby's skin. It's much easier and cheaper to replace liners if they are heavily stained or ruined rather than the whole nappy

My avatar
Azalea
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Azalea » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:20 pm

we do have a problem and I'm desperate to work our why ds is wetter with the liners than without. Could it be that I haven't washed them enough?

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:17 pm

We never both with liners, the stains come out in the wash/sun :wink:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:19 pm

I use minkee liners from WN not sure if that would stop the fleece on fleece problem.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories