hf1

Paper liners and nappy rash?

My avatar
cee
Clothie
Clothie

Paper liners and nappy rash?

Postby cee » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

I tried the junior joy paper liners on lo for the first time recently and he got a nasty red bum- would all liners have this effect or are some better than others?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Paper liners and nappy rash?

Postby Annette » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:53 pm

Not necessarily and in fact I would say that the Junior Joys ones are awful in comparison to some, I found them very stiff and not soft like some of the other brands.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:59 pm

Popolini do some thick liners (specifically for breast fed newborn poo, but we use them now), they say they aren't flushable (but we do flush them sometimes) and we re-use the just wet ones. Little green earthlets do a similiarly thick liner (which is flushable 1 at a time), which you can also wash and re-use if just wet. I really do notice the difference between the papery type liner (such as junior joy) and the thicker ones in regard to what Kayleigh's bum looks like.

My avatar
cee
Clothie
Clothie

Postby cee » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:07 pm

Thanks so much for that, I'll look into some of the thicker ones

xx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:31 pm

We got TERRIBLE terrible nappy rash on Isabelle's poor wee bum when we used paper liners and just completely gave up using them and just used fleece for aaaages until she was much much older and the toddler poos got too much and I started using soft boots paper liners over fleece liners and didn't have any problems but that could have been her sking being a bit more mature...

The boots own ones are lovely and soft though...

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories