hf1

I had to have my cat put to sleep

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: I had to have my cat put to sleep

Postby Woozle35 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:27 am

Oh sweetheart I am so sorry. :hug: :hug: :hug: You have not missed anything, cats don't show you they are ill. He probably was acting different because Emily hd been born and not because he was poorly.

And certainly don't feel bad about crying, he was a member of your family.xxx

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:12 am

:hug: it's ok to cry, pets are your family. Watching a cat deteriorate like that so quickly is tough (as with any animal/person)
One of my cats was exactly the same and it was heartbreaking, don't put pressure on yourself for not noticing any change as cats are very good at slinking away and hiding their pain xxxx

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:39 am

So sorry :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:43 am

:hug: :hug: so sorry hun, pets are part of the family, you cry all you need to xx

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:47 am

Oh hun, dont be hard on yourself - cancer can come on really quickly in cats and its so hard to see the signs.

Big hugs, its heartbreaking losing a pet but he cant have been happy with that weight loss and no appetite and an upset tum etc so at least he isnt in pain or discomfort now. You did all you could :hug:

Love to you all xx

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:19 am

I can't see the picture of him at work. We lost a cat when Martha was little (I think he was run over, he was found dead in a neighbours garden) and we still miss him despite having another two now. Dh cried when we buried him under his favourite bush. They are little personalities and really do become part of the family, I hate it when one of ours is ill even though they are the most irritating things to have around the house a lot of the time. I hope you feel better soon - allow yourself to wallow in a bit of grief, it it healing. :hug:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:21 am

I'm sorry hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:23 am

aww so sad, you don't need to get a grip or stop crying. You must be heartbroken, take care xxx :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:51 am

babygrowbelly wrote::hug: it's ok to cry, pets are your family. Watching a cat deteriorate like that so quickly is tough (as with any animal/person)
One of my cats was exactly the same and it was heartbreaking, don't put pressure on yourself for not noticing any change as cats are very good at slinking away and hiding their pain xxxx

Exactly this ^^
You did everything you possibly could & made sure that he didn't have to put up with feeling so poorly for any longer than he had to.
We lost a cat to FIP a couple of years ago and it was so heartbreaking. They do go downhill so fast once they actually let you know they're poorly.
RIP little Magic x

PreviousNext

Return to Pets