hf1

Children's songs/ music

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Children's songs/ music

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:19 pm

James loves his singing and it really getting into his nursery rhymes.
Weve got CDs of them & tv theme tunes (bob the builder, Thomas etc)

But was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions for children's songs that we could get for him? So he can singalong too!

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Children's songs/ music

Postby becky1978 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:23 pm

We use You Tube a lot for nursery rhymes and songs, tons of them on there :wine:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:25 pm

I want to be able to play them in the house without the computer on or in the car!

Was looking for other children's songs that aren't nursery rhymes iykwim
Any ideas?

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:36 pm

Oops sorry I misunderstood :oops:

Archie's favourite at the moment is 'Morningtown Ride' by The Seekers I think! Apart from that he seems to enjoy anything cheesy pop such as Laday Gaga, Jessie Jay and Bruno Mars :giggle:

Notr sure what other songs to suggest that aren't nursery rhymes really :-?

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:43 pm

Yeah I think he would enjoy my cheesy pop especially the up beat stuff!

I'm thinking songs from musicals would be good for him, sound of music, Mary popins, bed knobs & broomsticks! He already recognises tv/film tunes.... Just want to widen his choices, and get more music back into the house!

(not sure my heavy metal & rock music loving hubby will approve!!! :giggle: but hey if it for the children.... Then he'll have to cope with my take that!!)

My avatar
Steph
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Steph » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:29 am

Lexi loves all nursery rhymes and disney songs but also loves cheesy pop. She's loving The Saw Doctors and The Happy Cats at the moment :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:23 am

Don't do it! Iris got a copy of The Wiggles greatest hits for Christmas. Worst Christmas present ever. :evil: For me, not her - she loves it. And it's on constantly. :gaah:

She's actually really getting into the equivalent here of Classic FM, which is better. She likes to pretend to be a ballerina to it. I also tend to subject her to a lot of my opera stuff - she likes to join in with some of the higher notes of some arias. :giggle: To balance it, I've also taught her to howl the relevant bits to Werewolves of London. :cool:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:32 am

We have lots of Putamayo CDs, they're children's songs from around the world. My 3 love them and think some of the songs are hilarious. You'll recognise some and learn lots of new ones and there are various themes, to each CD (jazz, Christmas, etc). I usually get them on Amazon, but here's the range http://www.putumayo.com/kids/putumayo_k ... og/kidscds

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:41 am

How about a 'party songs' cd? I got one from the elc and Nathan is getting really into it now. He's only getting into it now as he prefers things like 'pop party' black eyed peas and Katy perry!!

Elc have loads of different cd's so definately worth a look.

Next

Return to Music