hf1

Stash buster swap?

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Stash buster swap?

Postby Bugglyboo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:15 pm

Could we do a stash buster swap this year? I was thinking something like only using one fat quarter/50g yarn.
I love taking part in swaps but often can't afford it so this could be a good option for those of us on a tight budget.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Stash buster swap?

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:58 pm

I would like to but it depends is anyone wants to pay postage to the US

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:32 pm

Sounds like a good idea. The smaller swaps seem to be more popular.

gilbertandmartha wrote:I would like to but it depends is anyone wants to pay postage to the US

Airmail isn't massively more expensive than first class for small parcels so would imagine it would be fine. (£2.70 first class up to 750g (or £1.60 or £2.30 for a large letter) ) compared to £3.62 for a 300g parcel with 62p added per 100g) so really only a couple of £ extra to post to the US.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:34 pm

Louise wrote:Sounds like a good idea. The smaller swaps seem to be more popular.

gilbertandmartha wrote:I would like to but it depends is anyone wants to pay postage to the US

Airmail isn't massively more expensive than first class for small parcels so would imagine it would be fine. (£2.70 first class up to 750g (or £1.60 or £2.30 for a large letter) ) compared to £3.62 for a 300g parcel with 62p added per 100g) so really only a couple of £ extra to post to the US.

Thats what I was thinking Louise, not that I've got a lot to swap but I have some random stuff that someone might want!

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:23 pm

I know when I post, once it leaves Ireland (which is every time) it doesn't matter where parcels go, it's the same price for anywhere international.

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:10 pm

This sounds a great idea. I'd love to join in, if it happens.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:37 pm

Great idea, cost has been to main reason I've never been involved :thumbsup:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:15 am

Sorry I missed this the other day - I think this is an amazing idea :yahoo: ! As you say and others have agreed not everyone always has the money to do a big swap or even a DIY one at 15 quid! There are actually lots of cool fat quarter patterns around, and we saw some amazing bits knitted / crocheted from 50 grams in the last small wooly swap which was ran with the apron one. They were really popular so I think they'll be on again if everyone wants to later in the year. I think a spring stashbuster swap once the current one is out of the way is such a good idea! :yahoo: Thanks Jess @Bugglyboo

Mr Clothmama just came up with another swap idea - an upcycling swap - with the item made from something else that either you already have that could be another budget but fun crafty challenge!

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:22 am

Great idea. I probably won't be able to take part this year but I will try.

Next

Return to DIY Craft Swaps