hf1

Bumgenius Inserts

My avatar
cumbrianlass
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Bumgenius Inserts

Postby cumbrianlass » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:31 pm

Go back to Baba Me and tell them you have sent photos and not had a reply. You could also tell them that the ladies on CNT were appalled they didn't come back to you, maybe that will make them respond if they know it is being aired on a forum :wink:

Microfibre is pretty tough stuff, and I don't think anything you have described could have caused what has happened. I dry mine direct on the radiators in winter if I need them quick and they have never curled. I think the PP might be right about the stiching, but I wouldn't cut them or anything until you have tried Baba Me again, just in case they do come up with the goods for you.

To be fair to them, they are really nice people but have been mega busy recently. They moved stores and also had to do the European launch for the new BG 4. Shouldn't mean things get overlooked and poor service, but sometimes.......

My avatar
bonnie_baby
Clothie
Clothie

Postby bonnie_baby » Sun May 29, 2011 6:02 am

Hi,
I realised this is an old post but my bg inserts are exactly the same and been getting worse over the last year.

Did you ever manage to fix the problem? As I don't manage forking out for 24 new inserts for new buba :(

X

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sun May 29, 2011 9:15 am

These inserts are not made to be washed at 60 degrees all the time. Bumgenius suggests washing them at a max of 40 so I don't think anyone would be entitled to replacement inserts. I have very well used inserts that have never curled. They are second/third hand to me but I imagine they have only been washed at 60 when being stripped or when baby has an illness.

My suggestion would be to look out for spares for sale on classifieds or try what one of the previous posters suggested about cutting the stitching & re-sewing.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat