hf1

Nappies on the line!

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Nappies on the line!

Postby JabberJabber » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:06 am

Righto people, it's warm and the sun is out. I know people will be rushing to get the washing out, so time to show us your pretty nappies on the line...

@Louise

Who puts them in colour order?
Who matches the pegs to the colour?
Who puts all the same type together?
Who points the prettiest side to the window so they look great when you look out?

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Nappies on the line!

Postby knees_on » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:13 am

Me, me ,me and me!!! Please tell me I'm not on my own. :giggle: And they definitely have to look right from the window to get that satisfied sigh everytime you look out!

Mine went out yesterday though so no pics today, although we aren't using a huge amount of cloth atm as we have yucky loose poo atm and I hate cleaning it off :oops: But I was thinking yesterday I should make the most of fitteds with no covers in this weather and matching t-shirts. Its one of my fave bits about summer!

Well @Jabber Jabber what about you?

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:46 am

Hehe, i had my first line of nappies out on Saturday.

I have always done them in order - usually initially grouped by type i.e. pockets/fitteds/nn etc then broken down into brands. Next the inserts go up, again, by brand and boosters then wipes.

DH thinks i'm nutty, but i have a system for putting out all washing, there's always an order - but i'm a bit OCD when it comes to things like that. :loopy:

Oh and its not prettiest side out here, due to the sun position it means the inners are what are seen from the window.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:06 am

Unfortunately, it's just normal washing today, not nappies!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:57 am

I don't do any of the above. They get hung out however they come out of the basket! Life is far too short and there are far more fun things to do then arrange your laundry in a certain order on the line! :loopy: :lol:

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:02 am

Ooh yes, I'm an anal freak about hanging them in order! Happily, hanging so I can see the prettiness from the kitchen also means the inners face the sun.

If the rain ever stops long enough to actually get a nappy wash hung outside, I'll be a very happy mama! I wash them as they arrive, so have lovingly laundered a few recently, but I would like to do a full load of the newborn stash with an outdoors dry, just BECAUSE.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:37 am

I lied, I have one on the line as I'm sunning a stain out.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:43 am

Louise wrote:I don't do any of the above. They get hung out however they come out of the basket! Life is far too short and there are far more fun things to do then arrange your laundry in a certain order on the line! :loopy: :lol:

WSS! We have normal washing out atm

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:06 am

Louise wrote:I don't do any of the above. They get hung out however they come out of the basket! Life is far too short and there are far more fun things to do then arrange your laundry in a certain order on the line! :loopy: :lol:

WSS! Though we have a rotary washing line so if there are any with stains, I make sure that they're on the outside so they have the best chance of sunning out.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat