hf1

No more day cloth for us :(

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

No more day cloth for us :(

Postby tanya » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:36 pm

And no, he hasn't potty trained, we've just got to the stage where we just can't keep Jake dry during the day. He's peeing straight through his nappies in less than an hour - he went through 10 nappies yesterday :shock: We just don't have enough in the stash to go throu that many a day and get them clean and dry again for the next use.

So, he will be in sposies in the day and cloth at night. Same as Bella towards the end of her napping days.

Now to sort the nappies and woollies and see what I can sell and what will be headed straight for the bin (we have a LOT of really old, pre-loved to us nappies, which have definitely seen better days!)

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: No more day cloth for us :(

Postby Dora » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:25 pm

:hug: :hug: you have to do what works for you-constant changing with wet clothes is no-one's idea of fun. What nappies are you using if you dont mind me asking? Mine last as long as 6 hours during the day...

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:29 pm

Erm, Dunk n Fluffs, Goodmamas, Tweedlebum & Tweedlebees, Bububebes, Hollow Oaks. All boosted with extra bamboo inserts.

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:31 pm

Oh dear! They're all the ones i use. Hope my lo doesnt start out-peeing!!

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:44 pm

:hug:

You've got to do whatever works for you and makes life easier.
don't beat yourself up about it - just think of all those disposibles youve saved from landfil up till now.
changing a toddler 10 times a day is hard work! plus all the clothes youve got to wash because of leaks - so if I was going through this I think i'd do the same!

does sound like he's close to PT - ive know quite a few babies, who start flooding nappies just prior to PT!

@tanya
I'm sure youve tried everything - but sometimes the flooding is occuring because the fabric cannot absorb the vast amount of wee fast enough! bamboo is classic for this because its super absorbant - but slow absorbing!
have your tried microfibre tops to the boosters - this is low absorbancy but fast! so works well ontop of @tanya

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Can't use microfiber with Jake, I'm afraid. He's sensitive to man made materials, particularly when mixed with urine and his bum just looks like its burned :( As long as the gel packs in the sposies don't burst, we should be ok. If the gel packs burst, I can't imagine it will be good for his skin :(

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:04 pm

tanya wrote:Can't use microfiber with Jake, I'm afraid. He's sensitive to man made materials, particularly when mixed with urine and his bum just looks like its burned :( As long as the gel packs in the sposies don't burst, we should be ok. If the gel packs burst, I can't imagine it will be good for his skin :(

could you put a liner in? that way if it bursts therea a protective layer

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:07 pm

Good idea :) I'll mention it to DH. Thanks @gilbertandmartha :)

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:13 pm

tanya wrote:Good idea :) I'll mention it to DH. Thanks @gilbertandmartha :)

my good deed fit the day done!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat