hf1

Is there a Nappy Library.

My avatar
PurplePidjin
Clothie
Clothie

Is there a Nappy Library.

Postby PurplePidjin » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:26 pm

...anywhere between about Bournemouth and Southampton? I'm due my first in early December and would love the opportunity to try some AIOs out before I invest. I'm well stocked with prefolds and cotton bottoms wraps due to buying up a friend of a friend's stash but I'm desperate to start buying fab patterns and colours! :giggle:

Thanks!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Is there a Nappy Library.

Postby lazylexis » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:28 pm

no idea but there are trials online http://www.babykind.co.uk/nappytrial.htm#hire
I couldn't get aios or pockets to contain breastfed poo and am not a fan of prefolds! Fitteds and wraps all the way for us.At 17 weeks we still get leaks with bumgenius.

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:04 am

No idea on the nappy library front but Fill Your Pants do a 'Try Cloth for £10' scheme which I've heard good things about: http://www.fill-your-pants.com/cloth-na ... trial.html

Or you could buy a few pockets/AIOs preloved on the Classifieds and see how you get on?

Personally, I love prefolds on newborns. They are soft, dry quickly and offer great containment when teamed with a decent wrap (e.g., Thirsties Duo). We used them with DD2 until she was chunky enough to fit into our OS pockets without leg gape (which was around 12lbs for us). I'm completely the opposite to the previous poster in that I've found pockets and AI2s great on my girls - even when they were exclusively :bf: . So it really is worth trying a few different things out once Bubs is here. You might be surprised by what you love/works for you.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:52 am

Not that I've ever heard of. I have heard of a nappy demo lady but it was all very basic stuff.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat