hf1

BlueBerry issues....

My avatar
skaheadpunk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

BlueBerry issues....

Postby skaheadpunk » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:21 am

I think Jan's experienced this one - my new wraps have a blueberry label sew n onto the back, through the PUL. My old ones don't. My new ones leak, and it's clearly from just where the label is, not the legs or the back, straight through the tag! What do I do?!

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:31 pm

email blueberry immediately,...that is ridiculous, one of the stupidest things i ever heard...surely it is obvious that if you punch holes in pul you will obstruct its waterproofness??!!

My avatar
skaheadpunk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby skaheadpunk » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:50 pm

I did! I got this back
Blueberry wrote:Emma

All of our side snap wraps were made at the same time and should all have the label sewn in the back. The only time it would leak is if the nappy underneath it is too saturated. See if changing a bit more often helps.

Margarita

So I said...

Em wrote:Margarita,

No, it's not a case of not changing her often enough, I've been changing her every hour to try to prevent the leaks. It is the label that is causing the problem.

Could you please suggest something I could do to help with my problem, unless the actual issue is that your diapers can't handle an hours worth of a 12lb baby's pee?

Emma

My avatar
skaheadpunk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby skaheadpunk » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:52 pm

I emailed babykind, since they're the official UK stockist and they've been great trying to suss what's wrong. I gave her nappy a good squeeze after the leak last time and it really wasn't that full at all - I couldn't get any wee out, there could only have been one or two in there, and how much can a tiny thing like Ruby produce anyway?! She can go 3 or 4 hours in a small Fuzzi with the normal insert, she's not a heavy wetter.

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:33 pm

Love your answer!!

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:00 pm

I sent all mine back and now only buy ones I know don't have the label on the bum!

I was told that 'there shouldn't be an issue with leaks at all as the label is placed high up' (rubbish I thought if there are holes in the pul then it will leak!)

Apparently a blast in the dryer has been recommended as a way to 'seal' the holes!

It's a shame because not only do they cause leaks, but they totally spoil the look of them too!

jan x

My avatar
skaheadpunk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby skaheadpunk » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:14 pm

HannahBanana wrote:Love your answer!!

Ha, yeah felt better after that one. Don't think I'll be getting a reply though! Just put them through a 60 degree wash and I'll tumble them in a min and see what happens...

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:07 pm

Love your answer too.
Can't you send it back???????
But I suppose the p&p will be a lot!!!!!!
xxxxxx

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:14 pm

It is stupid isn't it - especially as no-one likes the look of the label on the back either :evil:

Get a wee notions minki wrap instead :wink:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat