hf1

Clothes to fit over cloth nappies

My avatar
nicksmum
Clothie
Clothie

Clothes to fit over cloth nappies

Postby nicksmum » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:53 am

I'm having a real problem with this. Switched from disposables to cloth recently and am loving cloth but my DS's wardrobe is really suffering. :crossbaby: He's a well built little man and he's living in jogging bottoms. I used to love the Next sale but can't do this anymore as clothes are too skinny to fit over his bum!

Would appreciate tips on where to buy generously sized trousers to fit over cloth bottoms......plus other tips on how to resolve this.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Clothes to fit over cloth nappies

Postby emmalala » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:57 am

Buy a bigger size! Or asdas cloth are quite generous. You can but clothes cut for cloth nappys, ie, cut 4 cloth or bright bots.
http://www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk/acatal ... othes.html

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:16 am

Read this thread here. :wink:

My avatar
Charleyjoe
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Charleyjoe » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:39 am

My son is 16months on 91st centile and I find he fits asda jeans no problem, he cant get into pumpkin patch jeans so they are going on ebay. He can fit into 'Georgeo' (as Hubby likes to call them) jeans in both all in ones, Bambinex +wrap, and ittis I do find Blueberry OS a bit bulky but can just about get away with it and it means he cant climb as much :wink:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:43 am

nicksmum wrote:I used to love the Next sale but can't do this anymore as clothes are too skinny to fit over his bum!

Strange how different kiddies fit clothes differently isn't it? MY LO is a big enough 2yo and I find Next clothes huge!

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:04 am

I have this exact problem with Dawn. Nothing fits her with a cloth bum, which is why we're only part time cloth. If we go out she has to be disp, depending on the outfit :oops: Because Dawn's so big, the clothes that fit her, are too low in the rise as they're made for kids who've potty trained. I was going to post something similar to this thread today, was just thinking about it while folding the washing up :giggle:
ETA: I mean folding the clothes washing, not folding the dishes up LOL

Geordie_Girl wrote:
nicksmum wrote:I used to love the Next sale but can't do this anymore as clothes are too skinny to fit over his bum!

Strange how different kiddies fit clothes differently isn't it? MY LO is a big enough 2yo and I find Next clothes huge!

Dawn's in 6yr old's pants in next :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: 4-5 tops :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

My avatar
nicksmum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby nicksmum » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:06 am

Thanks all. I didn't really want to buy a bigger size as he's not long on the legs and he's a real wriggler. He always dislodges rolled up legs, and I'm not about to sit down and take up several pairs of trews. No time!

I've also found Cherokee to be about the roomiest around - just wondered if there was anything/anywhere I was missing.

DD was fine in Next and Patch clothes so it breaks my heart not to be able to do the same for my chunky cloth clad son. Oh well :(

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:39 am

In summer with Martha I used a lot of dresses (no use for a boy I appreciate!) but TBH we didn't have that much trouble with trousers either - we have a lot of cropped trousers which I suppose meant we could have gone up a size. Altho now we are PT'd we have gone back into 18-24m cropped trousers

I have always found H&M to be on the large size, and George as well. Dresses and skirts are the answer for girlies!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:34 pm

i was just going to suggest cherokee...all kierens trousers that arnt woolies are from tesco...he is in 6-9 month trousers from there with a GM and rikki wrap on, we use wool 99.9% of the time but if he isnt in wool then cherokee is the only way! :wink:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat