hf1

Classifieds buying query

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Classifieds buying query

Postby Emma1977 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:53 am

Was just wondering how the first-come-first-serve rule operates when it comes to buying a nappy on the classifieds section - specifically the ones that tend to sell within minutes of being listed? Is it usally the first person to PM, the first reply to reply to the thread or just the first person that responds using either of those means? :)

I haven't been gazzumped or anything but have occasionally seen a nappy that sold well before I got there :cry: and I want to know for future reference (incase I'm ever lucky enough).

Hope this makes sense :-?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Classifieds buying query

Postby megansmummy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:56 am

I think its a really tough one if you list something and get LOADS of pm's right away about it! If that happens then i do look at the thread and check out the times of replies/pm's to see who got there first...

Not sure what the 'rules' are or even if there is any but thats what I do :oops:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:58 am

megansmummy wrote:I think its a really tough one if you list something and get LOADS of pm's right away about it! If that happens then i do look at the thread and check out the times of replies/pm's to see who got there first...

Not sure what the 'rules' are or even if there is any but thats what I do :oops:

WSS - the first person to reply either by PM or on the thread.

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:01 am

I usually go with the first to reply. Going down to time of PMs/posts if I need too.

There are no hard and fast rules about anything, I just think a sense of fair play really. :D

If someone doesn't pay or decides not to take an item I go back to the second person to see if they still want it etc.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:05 am

alwaus to the first person to reply, and never 'mates first, others later' :wink:

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:07 am

This is all useful to know. Thank you.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:11 am

50ftQueenie wrote:This is all useful to know. Thank you.

WSS. I probably should have put 'etiquette' rather than 'rule' :oops: I always dither over whether to hit the Pm button or the quick reply button :giggle:

It was those gorgeous HL BBs of Weefywoos last night that got me thinking about this, Missed out again :cry:

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:14 am

Right place, right time :giggle: :giggle: Sometimes things go so quickly its amazing :shock:

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:17 am

Emma1977 wrote:
50ftQueenie wrote:This is all useful to know. Thank you.

WSS. I probably should have put 'etiquette' rather than 'rule' :oops: I always dither over whether to hit the Pm button or the quick reply button :giggle:

It was those gorgeous HL BBs of Weefywoos last night that got me thinking about this, Missed out again :cry:

Don't worry, it's certainly not just you. Sometimes I hit refresh and something new is listed, pm straight away and still miss out AGAIN. I could weep! I think it's a conspiracy to prevent me from ever getting a FF or a HONN..... I'm also rubbish at stalking, it get really stressed! :giggle: :oops: :oops:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat