What to do with my old nappies

My avatar
FUZZIFAN
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

What to do with my old nappies

Postby FUZZIFAN » Thu May 19, 2011 10:45 am

Hi everyone

I'm not on here so often these days as I have no one in nappies anymore. I have two bin bags full of nappies and boosters and covers and general stuff. I'm moving house and don't want to dump them but I don't have the time to be posting them to people. Any suggestions of what to do with them? I think they would be a bit overwhelming for a new user and that said I have offered them on freecycle a couple of times with no serious takers. They are mainly totsbots nippa and velcro and lots of boosters and fleece liners and a few wool wraps etc.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Nicky

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: What to do with my old nappies

Postby rachymoo » Thu May 19, 2011 10:48 am

Hmm, I would have said classifieds/FFP on here or Freecycle. What about an NCT sale or something?

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Thu May 19, 2011 11:10 am

Gumtree? Charity shop? There are one or two charities that you can send nappies off to in other countries but the postage would be steep..

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Thu May 19, 2011 11:40 am

Will pm you.

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby flossyfly » Thu May 19, 2011 11:50 am

Where bouts in Essex are you? I am in the next county, could sell them on here for you :lookround:

My avatar
mangajude
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mangajude » Thu May 19, 2011 12:01 pm

I say freecycle would be the easiest, as they come to you to collect them and you could state your moving so needs to be a quick collection, and it often means someone who would struggle to afford them could have them, giving you a shinny feeling! :D

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Thu May 19, 2011 12:03 pm

flossyfly wrote:Where bouts in Essex are you? I am in the next county, could sell them on here for you :lookround:

I'm actually in Essex if that helps!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat