hf1

Newborn tarry poop?!

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Newborn tarry poop?!

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:09 am

If I was you I'd email Bonnie at Holdens Landing & ask for some of her wipes. They are my all time favourites. She doesn't often have instock but she usually has lots of off cuts left so if you're not fussy about colours she might be able to do it quickly for you under the circumstances. I was really disorganised when I was organising a baby shower last year & emailed her about 2wks before the shower. She made me some up asap & I got them in plenty of time even from the US.

Like pp said, cotton wool is useless with meconium. You'll need the whole bag for one poo! :roll: :hohoho:

ETA what about these? http://littlegumnut.co.uk/shop/product. ... product=25 PM Ems & see if she could do some for next week.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:46 am

Thank you! Just ordered some from Little Gumnut :wine:

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:51 am

Just to confirm what everyone else has said. Milly has been in cloth from birth. I've just done my first newborn nappy wash and we didn't have any stains at all! :wine: Washable wipes and water are also much better than cotton wool. We've been using those since birth too. :D

My avatar
Soozi
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Soozi » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:43 am

Yep agree with everyone else, meconium didn't stain at all. Breastfed poop however wow that stuff is messy ! Hopefully the stains will sun out otherwise I'll have a lot of ruined nappies !

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat