hf1

Back to 2 in cloth :(

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Back to 2 in cloth :(

Postby knees_on » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:18 pm

Some may remember my holiday cloth dilemma back in Sep. I went with putting DD3 in dispos each night so I didn't have to worry about betwetting which was maybe half the week at that time. SInce we got back she has been wetting the bed EVERY night bar maybe about 4 nights in 8 weeks. For a while we persevered hoping she would get back to normal but more recently started to use up the rest of the packet of dispos for odd night where we don't have to worry about changing the bedding. Still got loads left. Anyway 2 nights ago I put her in cloth as she keeps asking me to make a nappy for her adn I don't have time tbh.

I know we probably did a really silly thing by putting her in dispos for a week, and that many children are still in night nappies at this age but she was doing really well over the summer so I though we were done.

Any suggestions? Or just go with the flow??

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Back to 2 in cloth :(

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:50 pm

How old is she? Not that that matters, I would just go with the flow, no point in every one getting a bit stressed over it. Grace is still in night nappies at 3.5 where as the other 2 were out of nappies way before now. She just isn't ready and I know it will come in time. She wears a pull up though as she wasn't comfy in cloth at night x

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Nimyue » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:42 pm

My son is 3 and 3 months and is totally dry during the day but wears pull ups at night. Half the time the pull up is dry the other half it's saturated :) He'll get there eventually and so will your LO. I was reading that some kids aren't dry at night until they are 6 or 7 even, and that it's totally normal! So just relax do what you have to. If she's more comfortable wearing a nappy to bed let her (no one likes waking up wet), when she feels confident that she doesn't need it she'll tell you. No sense worrying or making an issue of it, especially if it's just one nappy at night.

:hug: :hug: :hug: to you and your daughter, everything will work out :)

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby knees_on » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:24 pm

She is 4 and 3 months! She is a funny one. She is very clever like her eldest sister and wants to do home ed all the time but on the other hand is quite tiny for her age and can seem very much like my baby still with the wanting lots of cuddles and the occassional BF.

Don't like dealing with the older child nappies though-very pongy!!!

I guess we will just go with it. Slightly worried as she was ever so excited about choosing her cloth for bedtime tonight though. She has a love of cloth to rival mine!! Is this the worst encouragement for extended NN wearing! :hohoho:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat