Cheeky Wipes Users

My avatar
Jo1984
Clothie
Clothie

Cheeky Wipes Users

Postby Jo1984 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:50 pm

Have you ever had any problems?

LOVE my wipes :) but I've only had mine since about August last year & only used them for 2 months before they got set aside til I got 2 babies established in Flip nappies! Just started using them again abot a month ago due to the MASSIVE amounts we were spending on wipes!
Anyway, 3/4 out of my 25 wipes have gone kinda thread bare :shock: I dont know how, I was all them the same but only those ones have "broken" :-? :-?
I only use them for wet nappies & not dirty ones.
They get washed at 50 degrees max on a cotton cycle with an extra rinse, I use a little fairy non bio with them, sometimes soap nuts.

Has anyone else had any problems with them before??
Am I doing anything wrong?
Last edited by Jo1984 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Cheeky Wipes Users

Postby docmaggoo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:55 pm

Mine have been going for over a year now and havent gone thread bare.
Ive even put mine on a 60degree wash
They have shrunk/got misshapen a bit & are not so prestine white anymore

My avatar
Jo1984
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Jo1984 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:57 pm

Hmmm... I didnt know whether to contact them to see what they say, or if thats a bit cheeky!! I need those extra wipes with 2 kids to change!!x

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:06 pm

I'd contact them, add a few pics with your emails too.
I know loads of people who use them & never had this problem, so maybe yours are a faulty batch?

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:11 pm

WTS I have two sets one about 2 years old and still going strong. Definetly sounds like a faulty batch to me.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:04 pm

I have had this problem with mine. I've used them for 2 years now, originally everything was fine, but in the last 3-4 months every time I wash them I seem to end up throwing a couple away as they are really thin or have gone into holes. I assumed they had reached the end of their life due to the number of washes, but it has only affected some not all. I have bought some new ones cheaply from classifieds so I didn't bother contacting Cheeky Wipes, but if DD hadn't PT early I would have done.

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:15 pm

deffo contact cheeky wipes as these wipes cost a fortune... i've got all my wipes preloved and they're strong and non-holey and about 10% of the cost of cheeky wipes! x

My avatar
Yvette75
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Yvette75 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:18 pm

I don't have cheeky wipes but have cheap terry one side and fleece the other and they are still going strong after 3.5 years of use on 2 children! I wash at 60 and whilst they are now a bit threadbare on the cotton side (to be expected really) they still work fantastically and there are no holes in them.

My avatar
Cheeky Wipes Helen
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Cheeky Wipes Helen » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:30 am

Hello! Helen from Cheeky Wipes here, sorry not normally a stalker but google alerts pointed this out to me!

Sorry you've had probs with some of your Cheeky Wipes. We did have a problem with a few of the wipes from the last production run and as a result have changed manufacturer back to our original manufacturer ( who make towels for Christies).

Just drop me an email and of course I'll replace those wipes (you can even try some of the new coloured wipes if you like!) My email address is helen@cheekywipes.com

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat