hf1

Itti Bitti D'Lish Review

My avatar
pobble
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Itti Bitti D'Lish Review

Postby pobble » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:24 pm

Reliability: 8/10 OR 5/10, depending on fit - see below!
Absorbency: 10/10
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying speed: 7/10
Slimness: mark 10/10
Value for money: 9/10

I absolutely adore Itti Bittis, but at first I feared they didn't love me back. We started out with the small size and alas, they just didn't contain that explosive breastfeed poop at all. In fact, they didn't contain the urine too well either. We were getting leaks with practically every use; not just down the legs, but also up her back, thanks to that low rise! Over the next few months I kept experimenting, trying the large size to combat the low rise problem, skipping the hourglass insert, etc. All this helped, but there were still a few leaks. Since a few consistent leaks is a few too many, I gave up for a while - extremely reluctantly. I hated giving up the adorable colourful fuzzy bum, and besides, they were so conveniently trim, perfect for the changing bag!

Fast forward to around the 12-month mark and I was ready to give them another go. This time, it was a match made in heaven. The large size finally fit her just right, complete with hourglass insert, and we have almost no leaks. (Every now and then I get a surprise damp patch; the only nappies we've tried that never do this are the enormous Mother-Ease One Size.) So these are officially my favourite nappies, and the ones I use every day; with a few extra inserts they go a very long way indeed and, especially since they're so trim, save me a whole lot of laundry. Drying time is fine; not as fast as plain cotton inserts, but it's worth the few extra hours.

For anyone looking to try Ittis, I'd suggest sampling a couple of sizes. I don't know why we skipped the medium size but perhaps that would have solved our problems much earlier. Getting the right fit is crucial, at first the nappies looked like they were fitting beautifully but then those leaks... proof is in the pooping, you might say. I do think a different arrangement of poppers - allowing different sizing for legs and waist, as do Fuzzi Bunz - would be an improvement. But even without that these are fabulous, adorable, super absorbent nappies, that more than earn their keep.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Fri May 14, 2010 12:35 am

Manufacturer: Itti Bitti
Nappy Name: D'lish Snap in One
Type of Nappy: AI2
Fastener: Poppers
Material: outer minkee, bamboo inners
Size: large

Reliability: 8/10
Absorbancy: 6/10
Drying Speed: 7/10
Slimness: 10/10
Value for money: 8/10

Overall Comment: Recommended

The itti bitti d'lish 2 part system is so slim fitting you are able to put "normal" clothes such as jeans over the top of them with no problems at all, something that isnt always possible with other bulkier nappies.

The minkee outers are very quick to dry so if you have a spare set of snap in boosters, which can be bought seperately, then you can have twice as much wear out of your nappies making them an economical choice. This snap in design is also handy for those people who do not use a tumble dryer or for people who want to buk out thier stash.

The minkee outers are available in various different bright colours and limited editions and all are completely colourfast so no need to worry about prewashing or washing the darker colours seperately.

Absorbancy wise these nappies arent the most absorbant you can buy, but i feel for that you do get a good level of absorbancy for the slim fir they give you. We can last around 3 hours in an itti bitti. You can buy seperate mini snap in boosters to increase the absorbancy although personally i dont find they make that much difference to performance. We have given 8/10 for reliability because we have only had 2-3 runny poo leaks in the 6 months we have used them.

Getting the fit right in the itti bittis can be a little tricky at first. They are slim fitting and low in the rise, so some people may be tempted to try a larger size than needed at first, which can cause leg gape and leaks.

Overall i would really recommend these nappies. Great value for money and super cute :)

My avatar
k8ie
Clothie
Clothie

Postby k8ie » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:25 am

I've been using Itti Bitti D'lish AIO's for my 5 week old, they're great. They're slim, fit snugly and don't leak! He was 7lb 9 and is now 9lb so they are fine for newborns. I wish I had more of them so I could use only them, at the moment I still have to use disposables when these are drying. They take a while to line dry in winter but I finish them off in the dryer and they're fine. I'd recommend them for people wanting to try their first cloth nappy AIO.

My avatar
mrs_beckham_the_2nd
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mrs_beckham_the_2nd » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:34 pm

Manufacturer: Itti Bitti
Nappy Name: D'lish Snap in One
Type of Nappy: AI2
Fastener: Poppers
Material: Outer: Minkee. Inner: Bamboo.
Size: Small, Med & Large

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: 10/10
Drying Speed: 9/10

Overall Comment: Very highly recommended. Itti Bitti's Rock <3

The itti bitti d'lish 2 part system consists of a minkee covered outer with pul inner so need for a seperate wrap the inserts are a bamboo trifold booster & a bamboo hourglass booster topped with suedecloth to keep baby dry & comfy. Each part of the nappy has colour coded poppers so that my partner loves as he cant get it wrong lol.
As above poster stated this nappy is "so slim fitting you are able to put "normal" clothes such as jeans over the top of them with no problems at all, something that isnt always possible with other bulkier nappies". This is great because buying clothes made especially for cloth nappies from shops such as Frugi can really bump up the cost of using washables.

As the outers are so quick to dry I bought several spare sets of snap in boosters to use while the original inners were drying. These spares were also great if the nappy outer wasn't wet or dirty I could just change the boosters & use the outer again without washing. This gives you twice as much wear out of your outers making them an economical choice. I also bought some of the mini boosters to add a bit more absorbancy for long journeys etc, their size is deceiving & they gave me an extra hour or more.
The minkee outers are available in various different bright colours and limited editions so are fab for showing off under dresses or with a tshirt.

I have used these nappies on my daughter Atlanta in small, medium & now large & they have always been a great fit on her allthough Im not sure if they will last until potty training as she is a chunky monkey. Ive never had a leak of wee or runny bf poo but I do use disposable liners with them to catch the poo.

They have been my fave nappy so far & suit my medium wetting chunky girl very well, however Im not sure they would have been suitable for my older kids when they were in nappies as they were very heavy wetters.

All in all I love Itti Bitti D'lish SIO they are great value, mega soft, really cute & very reliable for everyday use.
:babyroll:

My avatar
mrspumpkin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mrspumpkin » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:33 pm

Reliability: 10/10
absorbancy: 10/10
cuteness: 10/10
drying speed: 8/10
slimness: 10/10
value for money: 9/10

Overall comment: highly recommended.

i love these nappies. reliable , absorbant, cute, slim fitting.

the only downside is they are quite expensive and my son outgrew his at around 18 months old. only suitable for dinky babies

My avatar
ellemonkey
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby ellemonkey » Wed May 25, 2011 11:11 am

Reliability: 7/10
Absorbancy: 18/10
Drying Speed: 6/10
Slimness: mark 10/10
Value for money: 7/10

My little man is 14 weeks old now and the mediums are getting to be a bit of a squeeze now, we have a mix of medium and large and the large fit him perfectly with crossed tabs, the medium I have 2 poppers showing but with serious wing droop (maybe I am just fussy and find the large's look neater on his chunky legs)

I think they are fantastic nappies though, I had 3 size 1's which fitted for about 3 weeks so wish I had skipped straight on to mediums. The only complaint that I have and this is quite a major one is not one has managed to contain a poo apart from the itti's AIO. Being quite sad and knowing my babies poop routine now I can put him in a tots first thing.

I've never had a wee leak, maybe some dampness but never a true leak. They never made it past 4 hours at night but the inners get used to boost his night nappy.

The fit is fantastic initially and the colours are so cute however the outers start to go crunchy after a while, I found out by accident that washing the wraps and adding some fabric conditioner makes them all soft again (man did washing)

The additional snap ins and boosters really cut down the bulk of the change bag too.

Overall, they're a great day nappy, my boy needs changing every 3 hours during the day which is a fairly good time for cloth

My avatar
herbina
Clothie
Clothie

Postby herbina » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:34 am

Reliability: 9/10
Absorbancy: 9/10
Drying Speed: 7/10

These are so much cheaper in UK than in Finland, so I find vfm being extremely good if bought from UK. In Finland you have to pay around £19 for SIO, AIO's not available here at all. This is our favourite nappy for visits since it's slim enough to fit under jeans or other pants which don't stretch. I've had some minor leaks sometimes but then the problem has been that I haven't changed in 3 hrs or the vest has been too tight on the legs, we should always use vest extenders. It has held bf poos inside also very well. Small only fitted my DD around two months and M was ok until 5-6 months, but our darling has been quite a chubby baby. The bamboo inserts get pretty hard if air dried on line but I've found a fabric softener that can be used with nappies (Ecover) so that's not a problem for us anymore. And the minky is such a cuddly fabric, I also love the bright colours.

I prefer SIO over AIO since it's less bulky. However, AIO is easier to use for grandma etc since there's less things to snap or set on place.

Previous

Return to Pockets and AIO or AI2 Reviews