hf1

Help me love them please...

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Help me love them please...

Postby Heather London » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:35 pm

The thing about minkee is that it doesnt have any absorbency in itself. So you get less absorbency than for example a BV topped Wee Notions. WN did have some coloured BV so maybe ask them to make you one and try one of those.

Or I have Puddlepants Selenes coming in soon -with coloured BV tops. They are very absorbent, well priced and you could have a PUL back there. They are very well rated but lesser known pads.

I do think the natural tops cope better with really heavy flow.

Or have you considered a sponge. Very comfy and Ive been impressed with how they cope on heavy days.

Hope you find a solution!

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:40 pm

Agree with the others about minkee. I'm not very heavy but I notice that when I use my BV topped pads you can see less on the surface than you can with the minkee so the BV must do a better job at absorbing the flow.

My avatar
moonlily
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby moonlily » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:21 pm

not had af since lala as :bf: still but i bought some preloved wn minkee topped for eden and also made her some fleece topped and she said they really didnt absorb and she leaked and pooled on the top (sorry if tmi!!) so i made her some cotton flannel topped and jersey topped and she loves them she said they were so much better as they absorbed the flow, so now shes using the fleece and minkee as liners instead. - Tory do you want me to bring a couple to the derby meet so you can try them?? (broken sewing machine permitting :( :( )

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:45 am

Mine with wool or fleece backs leak through on heavy days - even night-time pads :?
Sounds like you do need something with an absorbent top though and BV is the queen of those ;)

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:39 am

bv top with pul backing sounds the best bet for you tory :wink:

My avatar
honouryourflow
Clothie
Clothie

Postby honouryourflow » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:19 pm

Just thought I'd add some graphic details :mrgreen:
Did you know that we do in fact bleed in different ways? I mean our flow hits the pad in different places. Some women flow in the centre, some to one side, some the other, some to the front of the pad, some to the back. Apparently it is determined by the shape of our labia, which can act like channels. So, it is important for some women to consider this when buying pads. For instance you wouldn't do well with wingless pads if you bleed to the side. That's one reason why pad makers make them in different shapes and sizes! There are some fabulous pads out there with good wide front bits. Have a look at http://www.luxurymoon.co.uk because Heather has a large selection of all sort

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:21 pm

Are you going to try with them again Tory? :D

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Help me love them please.

Postby megansmummy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:43 am

nic1 wrote:Are you going to try with them again Tory? :D

Only just saw this nic!! :oops: :giggle:
Yes i will try them again, i have been using disp pantyliners for the last few months while being :pregnant: and i have remembered all over again why i wanted to try CSP in the first place...they have made me so sore :( So i have been alternating my two puddlekins slimbos and washing them each day and its so much better...Im going to stick with OBV topped pads and am slowley building a stash for once bump arrives as the thought of using disp pads for 5-6 weeks is making me cringe...it will be unbearable :-? So im building a wee stash of OBV topped with fleece and wool backing :)

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Help me love them please.

Postby choccylisa » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:04 am

megansmummy wrote:
nic1 wrote:Are you going to try with them again Tory? :D

Only just saw this nic!! :oops: :giggle:
Yes i will try them again, i have been using disp pantyliners for the last few months while being :pregnant: and i have remembered all over again why i wanted to try CSP in the first place...they have made me so sore :( So i have been alternating my two puddlekins slimbos and washing them each day and its so much better...Im going to stick with OBV topped pads and am slowley building a stash for once bump arrives as the thought of using disp pads for 5-6 weeks is making me cringe...it will be unbearable :-? So im building a wee stash of OBV topped with fleece and wool backing :)

I'm a bit tempted to get some post partum ones, I only use tampons normally as pads rub (sorry tmi :oops: ), can I just throw them in with the nappies? I hated those awful thick "nappies" I had to wear in hospital after I had the kids :puke:

PreviousNext

Return to Mums Things