hf1

Hospital Bag

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Hospital Bag

Postby clothsister » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:30 am

How any weeks were you when you packed your hospital bag??? And what was the best thing that you put into it? X

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Hospital Bag

Postby ems101 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:43 am

35ish.

I packed one for me and one for baby and had a go to place for spares for us both in case we were in for a while.

Me: pjs
Underwear
Tens
Sweets and drinks for labour
Change of clothes
Dressing gown
Toiletries
Towel

Baby:
4vests
4 babygros
Blanket
8nappies
Wet bag
Cotton wool
Change mat
2 hats

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:18 am

I did 4 of each last time and ended up having to get hubby to go get a load more from the shop as was in 4 days and Chloe was a sicky baby. Oh the joys.

That's ok I'm ok for a few weeks at least. Kept panicking that I should be doing it soon. X

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:21 am

All of the above

DVD player
Parking money
Camera
Pen & paper
Phone charger
Gifts (teddies) from the baby for my older 2
Lots of pads for me as the hospital ones are horrible
Sweets but to eat after as I don't labour long enough to eat! I have had the most incredible munchies after having my 3
Carrier bags to put dirty clothes & all the extra stuff in you seem collect

Small teddy to brighten crib
Baby wipes
Nappy sacks
Socks, to put over hand/ arm with canula in as babygrows wouldn't go over it, babygrows I just did up with arm out. I had B strep.

I packed 2 bags, 1 smaller bag for labour and the first few hours then another huge bag for the stay.

The best things for me was sweets as you couldn't get extra food on the ward and I was too far away for anyone to just pop stuff in, plus it didn't help on one day I didn't get any dinner! My DVD was a god send too.

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:35 am

I can't really remember what I put in it, but I started packing it at about 36 weeks. I unpacked and re-packed it at least weekly until lo was born! :giggle: One thing I am really glad I took was my boomerang pillow, it was great for helping lo and I get comfy, and I had her in bed with me all night so it provided a kind of barrier so I didn't worry about her falling out of those horridly high beds!

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:55 am

Slippers
Magazines
Food for afterwards, I vomit in labour so I am always starving too. We get tea and toast in the delivery suite but once you're on the ward there is not much until mealtimes. Our ward has a kitchen so always access to hot water, pasta mugshots were good.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:12 am

Yes have lots in reserve so hubs knows where they are and cant get it wrong. Put stuff for ypu in reserve too, clothes underwear etc. I wouldn't trust dh to pick the right sort of thing!

I downloaded stuff from iplayer onto my phone to watch. Good earphones were a must!

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby labbiefan » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:49 pm

Painkillers for after pains!
Breastpads
Phone charger

Exciting! X

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:00 am

36 with Ryan and I didn't fro Ross as was in hospital from 30 weeks with him and we needed perm clothing so Phil went and bought it when he was born.

Next

Return to Pregnancy and Conception