hf1

Flooded Nappy . . . .

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Flooded Nappy . . . .

Postby scarlet » Thu May 12, 2011 4:04 pm

So dd has always been a light to medium wetter. ( We use Itti's by day)
Yesterday she had, had her nappy on about an hour when i noticed her legging where absolutely sodden literally dripping wet , as was the nappy.
Today at exactly the same time she had been changed literally 10 mins be4 and i noticed she had soaked through her nappy and leggings.
I'm thinking she is holding it in , then doing one big wee.
Is this a sign she is ready to train?
A few of my friends are going to potty train their LO one's soon , but I had thought they are a bit young/not showing any signs of being ready.
I had planned in waiting till she was older so we could follow her lead and she can tell me she needs to go. I don't want to train just because I'm fed up of changing nappies ( not that i am :giggle: ) or have to keep asking her every 10 mins " do you need the loo?" "do you need the loo?"
A friend has done from birth training and her LO is in pants but she takes them to the loo/asks constantly. :roll:
Any what do you think? Thanks :mrgreen:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Flooded Nappy . . . .

Postby Louise » Thu May 12, 2011 4:14 pm

It does sound like she is getting some bladder control. It doesn't necessarily mean she is ready to PT though. Lots of babies get some bladder control a good while before they actually PT. Some people do have to switch to fitteds and wool or PUL wraps though if the pockets and AIOs don't cope with the flooding, I had to do this with Ryan. He didn't wear pockets much at all in the last 6 months or so before PTing.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Thu May 12, 2011 4:17 pm

This was like Sophie at age 2. She flooded everything. I had to switch to boosted fitteds in the day with wool or a PUL wrap. Night nappies worked well. The only pockets that worked were BG's with the big MF insert, a LL bamboo AND an EP hemp! Magicalls were good too...

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Thu May 12, 2011 4:35 pm

WTS

I would also strip the nappies to make sure its not that.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu May 12, 2011 4:36 pm

Bella was like Sophie and flooded her nappies from fairly early on. But she didn't potty "train" until she was 3. I waited for her to be ready and she pretty much did it herself.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Thu May 12, 2011 5:40 pm

tanya2007 wrote: I waited for her to be ready and she pretty much did it herself.

Thats what I hope to happen.

Caroline I stripped washed them a couple of weeks ago! Also its only been one nappy today at 1.15 and one yesterday at about 1.30 so same time. The rest of the day the nappies are fine.

Had been worried everyone would say change to fitted, I LOVE buying nappies. But don't have the funds for a whole new stash. :cry: Maybe have to make some prefolds, have been meaning too for ages. Only have one wrap now as our lovely PK wool interlock got shrunk by mistaking being put in the wash. :evil: We just do wool at night.

Will see how she gets on the next few days.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu May 12, 2011 5:43 pm

scarlet wrote:
tanya2007 wrote: I waited for her to be ready and she pretty much did it herself.

Then she would need to be quite a bit older, I think. They have to have a certain level of communication and understanding. Bella was also perfectly able to take herself off to the potty and do her business and then call me to help her clean up (she does it all herself now).

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Thu May 12, 2011 6:13 pm

If its around the same time every day then just try using a microfibre based nappy around then...microfibre may hold the least pee but it absorbes the fastest....a blueberry insert or a microfibre tots bots or little lamb nappy (both cheap) would probably do the job youd just have to check whether she had done her 'big pee' every 15 minutes or so.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Thu May 12, 2011 6:19 pm

tanya2007 wrote:
scarlet wrote:

Then she would need to be quite a bit older, I think. They have to have a certain level of communication and understanding. Bella was also perfectly able to take herself off to the potty and do her business and then call me to help her clean up (she does it all herself now).

That's what I had planned to do these flooded nappies just threw me and I know some children can be ready to train early.
Thanks for the advice and keep and eye out for girly prefolds, fitteds and wraps for me on the classifieds ! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Return to Potty Training