hf1

Potty training miracle, WWYD?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Potty training miracle, WWYD?

Postby gilbertandmartha » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:00 pm

I'm a bit in shock here. Riley is 2yrs and 2 months, and a week or so ago she basically decided to do all her wee's in the potty. And the best bit is she empties the potty into the loo and gives herself lots of praise :giggle:

Anyway she's been totally dry a few times in the morning, I heard her waking up this morning but was being a lazy so and so and left her for a few minutes. So as usual she had taken her nappy off, but had done a wee but she was mid cleaning it up with their blankies.

So I'm just wondering if this happens a few more times (dry nights) should I take her nappy off? We are moving on Monday and they will be in a room with their own bathroom. i am going to lock that door because I can just see the bath overflowing a zillion times. But I could put a potty in their room?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Potty training miracle, WWYD?

Postby monsterm » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:08 pm

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: Riley's brillant!! emptying her own potty & praising herself :hohoho: :hohoho: She certainly deserves lots of praise. Dd1 pretty much did what Riley did & decided she wanted to go wee on the potty. She was dry at night very quickly too. I would say wait until after the move & if she has 2 or 3 dry nappies in a row, leave off the night nappy. Get some waterproof sheets though because she will have 1 or 2 accidents so better safe than sorry.

My avatar
lainey1978
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby lainey1978 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:30 pm

I would go for it. Once Amber was dry during the day it was only 1 or 2 more weeks until dry at night. We get the odd accident but have plastic sheets and plenty of bedding so it doesn't matter.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:34 pm

So do you all think potty in their room? or let her wake me up .... :roll:

My avatar
lainey1978
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby lainey1978 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:53 pm

We have a potty in Ambers room, she gets up uses it , sometimes comes and wakes us to tell us sometimes goes back to sleep. I would put a potty in her room. We tried lifting her but she never does anything!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:03 pm

Bella has a potty in her room for overnight use - and it is used most nights. Otherwise, she uses the toilet.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:11 pm

I lifted because dd was so young.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:17 pm

I've just cleaned our old potty out actually to put in Dawn's room at night. She's been asking to go without a nappy on even though we still have a few wet nights :-?

Return to Potty Training