hf1

Sitting or standing to wee?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Sitting or standing to wee?

Postby Shaunie » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:19 pm

When Jonah trained he sat on the potty to wee (as you would expect) and now sits on the loo to wee which is fine. Isaac also sits on the loo to wee.

A woman I was speaking to this week said she was training her 4 y/o to wee standing up because she felt it was important - this coming from a woman who never even attempted potty training until her boy was 3.5 and who still won't poo anywhere but in a nappy so I kinda feel she's in no position to judge :roll:

I'm happy for my boys to wee sitting down and I'm sure they'll do stand-up wee's in their own time (they do them at the park :wink: :oops: ) but it did make me wonder what other people do?

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Sitting or standing to wee?

Postby mudita » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:31 pm

Our son learned sitting first, but soon picked up standing from his dad and the boys at nursery, so now does both. I prefer him to sit as it results in much less clean up for me :giggle: As long as it gets where it is supposed to be I'm not really bothered, but I think it makes sense to start sitting down, personally.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:33 pm

Yes, occasionally he'll do a stand-up wee when he's gone with his daddy and I assumed he'd learn at school where there's a urinal and toilets. I'm also happy the way it is in terms of cleaning up :giggle:

Where in Leicester are you? :wave:

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:40 pm

Kai still sits to pee- i'm not pushing for otherwise as he's managed to pee over himself when out when trying to do it standing!!!

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:10 pm

Hi, we're in LE19 (Narborough village) :wave:

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:19 pm

Shaunie wrote:
A woman I was speaking to this week said she was training her 4 y/o to wee standing up because she felt it was important - this coming from a woman who never even attempted potty training until her boy was 3.5 and who still won't poo anywhere but in a nappy so I kinda feel she's in no position to judge :roll:

I'm sorry but thats a little harsh. Each to their own.. No? I don't 'train' i follow the childs lead and let them do what they're ready too. Dan was almost 4years old and even then he didn't night train for along time after then.

Anyway, i feel that Boys standing up to pee is a natural progression, both of my boys sat initially and Noah is still at the sitting stage. He's just this week progressed from potty to toilet. I personally don't mind whether they sit or stand so long as i don't have to go and clean up after every single wee. :oops:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:49 pm

paintedclaws wrote:
Shaunie wrote:

I'm sorry but thats a little harsh. Each to their own.. No? I don't 'train' i follow the childs lead and let them do what they're ready too. Dan was almost 4years old and even then he didn't night train for along time after then.

Anyway, i feel that Boys standing up to pee is a natural progression, both of my boys sat initially and Noah is still at the sitting stage. He's just this week progressed from potty to toilet. I personally don't mind whether they sit or stand so long as i don't have to go and clean up after every single wee. :oops:

I don't think it's harsh but I do agree with each to their own. I said that because she questioned me not getting Jonah to do stand up wee's.

I thought it would be a natural progression too but she just got me thinking. And yes, I'm not keen on cleaning up after 3 boys in the house!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:50 pm

mudita wrote:Hi, we're in LE19 (Narborough village) :wave:

:wave: I'm in Knighton but do visit my friend in Huncote :D

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:13 pm

C was peeing standing up from about 2.5years, but that was just what he decided on and we didnt ever use a potty he just went from nappies to stand up pees at the toilet. I stuck one of those sticker things in the loo to help his aim, I dont remember having to clear up after him so it couldnt have been a big problem!

Next

Return to Potty Training