hf1

Potty Training .

My avatar
Mumma-Boo
Clothie
Clothie

Potty Training .

Postby Mumma-Boo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:48 am

Im after some advice from ladies who have recently potty trained successfully!!! :yahoo:

My eldest dd is 2yrs 3mths & we have tried on one occasion to get the ball rolling, but we ended up traumatising her to the point she didnt want to wee - even in her nappy!! :(

I can get her to sit on the potty, she's happy to be nappiless for a certain amount of time but then she starts asking for her nappy on.

She's extremely good at holding her wee, so just when you think she's about ready to burst she'll hold until you give in & put the nappy back on & 2 mins later 'Wee wee out mummy' GGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

She sat on the toilet with the insert thingy on but doesn't like it - which is fair enough as it must seem HUGE!

Iv tried bribery with chocolate & nothing!

HELP ME LADIES ... her wee is getting too much for nappies & she needs to start using the potty!

ANy advice would be greatfully appreciated :D

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Potty Training .

Postby ems101 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:05 am

Firstly this post will probably dissapear into the baby/toddler forum, so look there if you cant find it!

Secondly calm down. Shes still very young. We had a talk at our childrens centre and they said the one most important thing to do is to not to pressure them.

Leave it for a few weeks and try again. Change her more often or use an extra booster pad.

When you do try again, let her play with the potty. ~Sit a doll on it. Show her what you do with a toilet. Let her see you flush it and wave goodbye to the wee/poo. Get a little treasure box for the bathroom or wherever you keep the potty, so she has some distraction whist shes going.

Good luck xx

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Potty Training .

Postby Shaunie » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:48 am

No time to reply properly but I'd be tempted to leave it for a couple of weeks. DS1 wasn't ready when we tried so after a nightmare week we stopped and then tried again 2 weeks later and he got it straight away :wine:

Return to Potty Training