hf1

UDOS as night nappy?

My avatar
greenlindsayloris
Clothie
Clothie

UDOS as night nappy?

Postby greenlindsayloris » Tue May 05, 2009 8:03 pm

Hello - I am looking for a new night nappy for my daughter and want to find something supersoft and comfy. She is 6 months and though not enormous has pretty chunky thighs. But she is just staring to crawl and I think she may slim down a little shortly. She will not stay still during changes and wrestling her into her nappies is becoming increasingly difficult so applix fastenings would be nice :giggle: I'm thinking an UDOS might fit the bill but is there any reason this wouldn't be suitable as a night nappy? Has anyone got any other suggestions for a soft, quick to apply night nappy?

Thank you :)

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: UDOS as night nappy?

Postby Frances » Tue May 05, 2009 8:14 pm

Haven't tried UDOS at all, but UDNN are fabulous; I have two and can't recommend them highly enough. Mine are front fastening with aplix. Obviously as they are fitteds, rather than pockets, so you will need a wrap; wool is most effective, and lovely and soft.

Weenotions Night Notions are supposed to be fab too.

Slinki Minkis are pockets which make great night nappies too, they are aplix (although you can request poppers)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue May 05, 2009 8:22 pm

Totally agree with Frances, UD NN are fab, never tried the aplix though, standard or slinki minkis are great night nappies as well

My avatar
greenlindsayloris
Clothie
Clothie

Postby greenlindsayloris » Tue May 05, 2009 8:29 pm

thanks for the replies Ladies :)
Was trying to avoid a sized nappy because she may slim down a bit in the near future but I think I better get the tape measure out and check out the sizes! Any idea how the sizes come up? Did you have any problems with getting the correct size?

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Tue May 05, 2009 8:41 pm

greenlindsayloris wrote:thanks for the replies Ladies :)
Was trying to avoid a sized nappy because she may slim down a bit in the near future but I think I better get the tape measure out and check out the sizes! Any idea how the sizes come up? Did you have any problems with getting the correct size?

You're welcome :)

I've been using large UDNN and Slinki Minki on my LO since she was about 7 months / 17lb (or thereabouts) - they are smaller than I expected and very adjustable. We'd probably be OK with mediums too but this way we have extra absorbency, and I know that they will last her for at least a year.

I'd always recommend tried and tested nappies for nights (particularly if your LO is a heavy wetter) as I had a nightmare trying to use boosted day nappies and very nearly gave up!

My avatar
greenlindsayloris
Clothie
Clothie

Postby greenlindsayloris » Tue May 05, 2009 8:49 pm

Good point Frances - using specific night nappies makes more sense than trial and error with day time nappies. I'm already on the point of giving up with night nappies at the moment so don't need to make things more difficult for myself! I need to find something suitable quick or we are going back to disposables at night <shudder>

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Wed May 06, 2009 8:00 pm

Agree totally with what has been said. And I LOVE UDNN. They are so lovely, and if we could afford it, I would have more, so we can use for long journeys etc. I have my forth on the way, plan being to use them everyday as the other NN I have just don't compare.

Elouise is 16 months and fits into both large and medium. I only bought the larges brand new but got the medium preloved, with the chance it would be too small but it was a good price really. But I can't tell the difference between the large and medium, without checking the size. I would order the biggest size that you would think would fit so it will last longer.

We have applix ones too and have no problems. I would order the night booster with it too, which is otional but really works well.

And in French soy terry!

I also agree that wool over the top is great. If you keep your eyes open for some preloved, you can get some good bargains.

You can always sell on after too!

My avatar
greenlindsayloris
Clothie
Clothie

Postby greenlindsayloris » Thu May 07, 2009 10:24 am

Thanks for the advice. I've secummed and ordered an UDNN in medium. I think the lead time is around 2 weeks but I can't wait for it to arrive! It is in Soy French Terry which I'm hoping will work out well. Is it less scratchy then hemp? Although I was originally asking about pockets I think the UDNN may work out well as I get to keep using my favourite Disana woolly pull ons (I love their stretchy little legs) :)

Return to Night Nappies