Night nappies for my my DD :)

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Night nappies for my my DD :)

Postby emmajayne33 » Thu May 07, 2009 4:50 pm

Hi!

I'm a bit of a novice, only been in cloth for 6 weeks!

I'm wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice, my DD is 2.5 and around 33lbs ish... I'm currently using disposables on her at night and really want her out of them completely. So I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good night nappy that would fit her. She's a very heavy wetter, sometimes leaks with a sposie... I've been looking at the WNNN and UD night nappies, but I'm feeling confused and clueless!!!!!!... :-?

THanks in advance! :hug:

xx

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Night nappies for my my DD :)

Postby Rae » Thu May 07, 2009 5:10 pm

My DD is 2.5 and potty trained in the day. Since she potty trained, the only nihgt nappy we can use without leaving her red is either a standard or slinki large nappies by minki. In saaying that she is getting close to outgrowing the large slinki minkis due to rise issues. I am hoping that she doesn't grow too much more in the body before she fully potty trains. She ouwets sposies, and in her minki pockets we have a HH hemp insert plus an ellas house hemp insert topped off with bamboo (so they are huge).
WNNN were good with wool over the top (with an extra easy peasy hemp booster) before we potty trained, but after we potty trained the wet bamboo on the outside rubbing on her legs left her with red nasty marks.

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:32 pm

Toby has Wee Notions Night Notions in XL and Upsy Daisy are also making him some soy Night Nappies in XL at the moment. He is 2.5 yo and 35 lbs. Just e-mail Wee Notions or Upsy Daisy to arrange it.

He is potty trained in the day (and so far - gingers crossed) no red marks from wet bamboo.

He wears fleece wraps in XL over them - UD and WN are also making those for him in XL and he wears size 3 tots bots fleece wraps over them too.

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:36 pm

Both the WNNN and UDNN are great night nappies.
My fav are Flutterby fluff but Hanna's not making them at the moment.

I also used baby bufters when Kaydi was little they worked well for us, oh and minki nappies are great for nights they are pockets that you can add as much stuffing as you need.

Claire

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:37 am

For us the standard nappies by minki were by far the best, we had no issues with them at all and the pocket is huge so you can stuff them with whatever you need to last you through the night.

We tried to get on with fitteds overnight, like Weenotions Night Notions, with wool - absorbancy wise it was a great combo, no leaks, but it did leave Evie with sore red marks where the fabric chafed the tops of her legs so we went for the nappies by minki and they were fab.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:07 am

I had the same problems as Sadie and Rae with fitteds at night on my DS. He only wears nappies at night and we use a well stuffed Minki pocket too. My DD wears bedbugs, dreamscapes and Flutterby Fluff at night under wool. WNNN and UDNN's are also great too.

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:59 pm

:) :hug: Thank you ladies, I did get a minki in the end, but really need another, I didn't realise you could email WN and request a XL, I have ordered a large which I'm hoping will fit her, if not I can keep it for Isaac or sell it...anyhoo, thanks for the help!

My avatar
PoshMama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby PoshMama » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:23 pm

we used a double boosted goodmama for DS, he was the same weight

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:26 pm

I can squeeze Tobes into Blake's large WNNN and UDNN.

Return to Night Nappies