Help!

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Help!

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:58 am

Sandy is peeing through everything :(

We originally had one preloved WNNN which when teamed with our preloved soaker worked fab. We then got some ellas house and minki huggles to try which we used heavily boosted and again with wool or fleece. These nappies were both soaked right through in the morning. Over the past week we have recieved another 2 WNNN, so i thought the problems were solved but Sandy is now peeing right through these, his woolies and the sleeping bag is wet too. I had thought that it might be the new nappies not being up to full absorbancy but he had hiis preloved one on last night and his bedding was still very damp.

Not sure what else to try? Him being so wet is making him wake very early and really disrupting his sleep, and normally he sleeps 7pm-9am so its affecting all of us.

Any ideas? Thanks :)

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Help!

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:26 am

Anyone?

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:32 am

sam is a really heavy wetter and wee's through WNNN- vvvv well stuffed minkis used to work- stuffed with bamboo and hemp, at the moment we are using WCNN the dremy plus which are great and working really well :mrgreen: but are expensive and quite ard to get hold of :-?

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:38 am

I think im going to have to admit defeat with the night nappies :( The constant washing of bedding is a nightmare :(

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:46 am

Oh no! I have no experience with night nappies yet, as Freya is still waking twice a night and needing to be changed as her nappies are always very wet at both times she wakes. So I'm thinking she'll probably need a night nappy when she starts sleeping through.

I know that the LLS and Puddlekins night nappies can have the absorbancy customised, so you can have as much layers as you need added to see him through. Might be worth trying one of those perhaps? You can always sell your WNNN to cover the costs?

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:50 am

charliesam wrote:sam is a really heavy wetter and wee's through WNNN- vvvv well stuffed minkis used to work- stuffed with bamboo and hemp, at the moment we are using WCNN the dremy plus which are great and working really well :mrgreen: but are expensive and quite ard to get hold of :-?

Another vote here for WCNN Dreamy Plus. MAx power-wees through everything (apart from sposies) at night until we tried him with a WC and :shock: Put him in it without a pre-wash and after 12 hours it was only slightly damp at the front. Fantastic. Would def recommend one if you can get hold of one :D

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:04 am

Its just jabula that occasionally have wild child nappies isnt it?

Any really heavy wetters tried the pk or lls ones?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:06 am

Ems at puddlekins will customise the absorbancy of the night nappy for you...she asks you to weigh his nappy before it goes on and after and then works out how much absorbancy you need...they are about £20 each though...

We had rubbish fit with the WCNN :( i sold mine after it was used once...it was soaked on the outside too and K doesnt soak through a WNNN...

We get rubbish fit with WNNN and so are on a NN break at the moment...

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:16 am

I'm weighing Amelie's nappies at the moment in the hope of getting a puddlekins customised. The only night nappy that we have that she manages to stay in all night is a hollow oak with an extra hemp insert.

Tanya2007 got one customised for Bella, who pee'd through every night nappy. Might be worth asking her.

Next

Return to Night Nappies