hf1

Sensory Processing Disorder

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Sensory Processing Disorder

Postby northernruth » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:28 am

I think you have hit the nail on the head saying they are keen for you to do what is "normal" - you and your DS need to decide what is normal for HIM and how he can reach new goals in his own timeframe and without being in pain.

I am not a soft touch by a long chalk and I can't stand whingeing from my LO when we are walking but I like to think I can tell when she is genuinely tired and then I carry her!!! My dh will say oh why are you carrying her and it's cos, well, I'm the mother and I know when she's too tired or in pain, and I need to help her.

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby emmab16 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:09 pm

northernruth wrote:I think you have hit the nail on the head saying they are keen for you to do what is "normal" - you and your DS need to decide what is normal for HIM and how he can reach new goals in his own timeframe and without being in pain.

I am not a soft touch by a long chalk and I can't stand whingeing from my LO when we are walking but I like to think I can tell when she is genuinely tired and then I carry her!!! My dh will say oh why are you carrying her and it's cos, well, I'm the mother and I know when she's too tired or in pain, and I need to help her.

totally agree - so many people try to make everyone 'normal' - what does thsat mean??! We want our children to be themselves but learn the boundaries, but as their mum you know them better than anyone if they are being genuine

Anyway by NORMAL people usually mean BORING !

:hug:
xxx

My avatar
Charlootle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Charlootle » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:24 am

red_dwarf wrote:Sounds like the carrier got too small. Do you have a sling library you can get to?

I live in London, I'll have a search online. Are there carriers that are suitable for a 16kg child that aren't those big hiking ones? I'm ignorant!

Oh, and I bought a minki yoyo and it is GREAT!!! Love it.

Charlotte x

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:17 pm

Charlootle wrote:
red_dwarf wrote:Sounds like the carrier got too small. Do you have a sling library you can get to?

I live in London, I'll have a search online. Are there carriers that are suitable for a 16kg child that aren't those big hiking ones? I'm ignorant!

Oh, and I bought a minki yoyo and it is GREAT!!! Love it.

Charlotte x

Yep there are, and there are a fair few sling librarys in london :)

Previous

Return to Growing Up