hf1

Working Tax Credits

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Working Tax Credits

Postby Woozle35 » Mon May 09, 2011 1:58 pm

Our working tax credits have been stopped :-? It was only a small amount but I have no idea why its been stopped. I have been trying to ring all day today but I cannot get through.

Anyone any ideas?

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Working Tax Credits

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon May 09, 2011 2:03 pm

No idea hun but didnt want to read and run :hug:

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Mon May 09, 2011 2:04 pm

Had you sent your new form off for the last tax year? The thresholds all changed with the last budget. Ours went up the last 2 months (I have no idea why), but I'm waiting to see what they send out having just declared last year, then I'll phone them after that with an estimate for next year for them to base things on. You'll need to speak to them probably, but they are likely very busy atm.

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Mon May 09, 2011 2:10 pm

beffys wrote:Had you sent your new form off for the last tax year? The thresholds all changed with the last budget. Ours went up the last 2 months (I have no idea why), but I'm waiting to see what they send out having just declared last year, then I'll phone them after that with an estimate for next year for them to base things on. You'll need to speak to them probably, but they are likely very busy atm.

Beth I have not received my new form yet? Should I have them by now?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon May 09, 2011 2:13 pm

I havnt had mine yet either vikki... hope you get it sorted out!! :hug:

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Mon May 09, 2011 2:20 pm

I spoke to them last week when I added ds3, they said they're currently sending forms out but not to worry til after the end of June as it'll take them that long to sort it. Just keep trying but maybe try a different option when you phone, then apologise for going to the wrong line :giggle: I got straight through on the option for changing details :wink:

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Mon May 09, 2011 2:33 pm

We just got form through on Friday, which was a fair bit later than last year. Ours changed in April, but I was just going to see what they send back having re-declared and then contact them then after that or once LO arrives. Because I'm on MA for most of this year, what we declare next year will probably be lower. If you haven't changed your circumstances or working hours I'd figure it was because the general budget changes made. You have until end july to declare joint income for past year, so you'd get form well before then.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon May 09, 2011 2:47 pm

We had ours stopped due to the threshold change and had a letter telling us several weeks ago. It wasn't much but will still be missed.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Mon May 09, 2011 2:56 pm

They have changed the limit to under 42 , if you earn over this it will be stopped. :evil:

My friend mentioned something about there being two different types of working tax credit one child one and another. She said the non child one enable you to get money off things like the dentist. Does anyone know more about this?

Next

Return to Money Matters