hf1

Help me find more pockets please!

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Help me find more pockets please!

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:07 pm

I am going back to work full-time in January and at the moment only really have enough pockets for 3 days at nursery, so I need a few more to make sure I have time to wash/dry them too!

We only really get on with large BBSS nappies - WNSS tend to leak really quickly for us, and I don't like front snapping nappies or ones with velcro, so I'm stuck to know what else to try as you can't pick up large BBSS very easily anymore. What pockets do you find reliable and slim fitting?

I was thinking about trying Cushie-tushies? what are they like?

We got on well with BGV3 too but I sold them all as I got fed up with the boring colours and velcro - has anyone tried the V4 with poppers? is the fit the same?

thanks for your help ladies!

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Help me find more pockets please!

Postby Caroline » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm

The fit of the BG V4 is better imo as its slightly bigger so will last you better on an older child but still not bulky. I can lend you one with poppers if you like?

I hated the 'fit' of cushies tushies and I thought they didnt feel like a premium nappy (as per the price tag!).

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:52 pm

Caroline wrote:I hated the 'fit' of cushies tushies and I thought they didnt feel like a premium nappy (as per the price tag!).

WSS, hated them.

I have a couple of the BG V4 Prints & they fit nicely, never tried any of the others so can't compare though.
I know you said you don't like velcro & strictly speaking nor do I, but I have now got 14 Easyfits which are used for the CM and my Mum when they have Rufus as non-clothies they find them much easier to use and don't get leaks because of them putting them on badly like I have found happens if I send poppers (WNOS for example), this might be something to consider.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:54 pm

I have a Bg v4 poppers and love it. If money was no object i would have many more.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:40 pm

Caroline wrote:The fit of the BG V4 is better imo as its slightly bigger so will last you better on an older child but still not bulky. I can lend you one with poppers if you like?

that would be fab if you don't mind :-) - I'll PM you to organise it if that's ok? DD is 15 months but the size of an average 2-3 year old so larger fit would be even better for us :-)

zoeyboo wrote:
Caroline wrote:I hated the 'fit' of cushies tushies and I thought they didnt feel like a premium nappy (as per the price tag!).

WSS, hated them.

I know you said you don't like velcro & strictly speaking nor do I, but I have now got 14 Easyfits which are used for the CM and my Mum when they have Rufus as non-clothies they find them much easier to use and don't get leaks because of them putting them on badly like I have found happens if I send poppers (WNOS for example), this might be something to consider.

We didn't get on with Easyfits when we first tried them (gutted as I bought quite a few brand new when I first started with cloth) I had to sell them all :roll: Nursery and MIL are used to BBSS now and we've had no issues - I don't like velcro because DD can undo it, but also because it sticks to the mesh bags and OBV fitteds in the wash and I got fed up of everything getting trashed. I won't ever use velcro nappies again - I hate them now!

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:05 pm

I used to love Pocket bots, check out their site, side snap popper nappies :wink:

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:14 pm

Another pocket bot fan you can send your own fabric too if you want something different :-)

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:36 pm

That's fine just let me know where to send the BG.

It just occurred to me that you may like the Wonderoo v2. Bamboo and terry inner and popper with stretchy tabs (the fit is soooo much better than the v1) I can send you one of those as well if you like.

My avatar
hermya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby hermya » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:34 pm

I've just found Pocket tots in the sale at Softbots!!

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies